Stealth 7.5 wide snowmobile trailer

just_ride

Anyone running a 7.5 wide enclosed trailer for sleds ?
How do you like it? Any pros and cons vs a 7 wide inline?
What about the brand Stealth enclosed trailers? Pros and cons...
Thanks for any info

indy_500

Haven’t owned one, but took a trip out west in a 7.5x27 and I loved the extra room you got with the half foot. You could fit 4 sleds in it more comfortably than a 7x29 imo and I feel like you could walk around the sleds easier. Going to be slightly harder to see around, slightly worse fuel mileage, slightly heavier etc etc.

chunk06

I wish mine was a 7.5 just for the SXS that i had (probably getting another) As for Stealth the one i had was not good, I unloaded for a loss after a year. I have talked to others that like them so like anything else mine could have been built at a time with poor labor. Still QC should have caught some of the poor welds on it. It did not track good either no matter how I loaded it.

lofsfire

I have a friend with a Stealth he was happy with it. There made in Elkhart, IN. Part of Forest River trailers.

I have a R&R PSD7522., 7.5' Wide 22' box plus 5' V. I personally don't think seeing around it is an issue. I like it better than the old clamshell. I do not use mirror extenders either.

If you are thinking about a side by side make sure you get one that's tall enough with the rear door. Two other things worth mentioning are the type of suspension and floor joist and wall space stud spacing for the structure itself. Obviously something with a tighter spacing will give you a more rigid than heavy duty trailer but it also adds weight.

As far as gas mileage I really didn't notice much of a difference in my friends 7' trailers versus my 7.5'. My gas mileage now though is a different story because I've added an AC unit to the top and an awning off the side. The AC unit seems to be the biggest drag even though it's a low profile unit. My point is that kind of stuff sticking off the trailer seems to be worse on gas mileage than that extra 6" in width.

1fujifilm

Anyone running a 7.5 wide enclosed trailer for sleds ?
How do you like it? Any pros and cons vs a 7 wide inline?
What about the brand Stealth enclosed trailers? Pros and cons...
Thanks for any info
I have had 3 Stealths from Mirsberger in Hilbert, WI and had no problems with any of them. Have had 6 and 7 wide, sorry no 7.5's.

Bear

bayfly

I have an 8’ wide Stealth. I would not go narrower either. Packing 4 sleds side by side is easy. I’ve never owned a 7 or 7.5 so can’t comment on the comparisons, but for me the width is ideal.

longtrack

Had a Stealth and when I loaded it heavy it flexed and bent so bad the Doors wouldn't open. That was 10 years ago maybe they are made better now. My Haulmark has a better Frame under it but has the same Indiana quality issues as the Stealth. If you want a better Trailer, make sure it's not
built in Bristol or Elkhart Indiana. It will cost more, and I am cheap. That's why I keep buying that junk. This time I replaced all the Screws with Stainless Screws. That is the first thing you should do before they weld themselves in place and rust off.

Highflyer

I had a stealth 7.5x14 with 5' V. Loved this trailer. It was fully loaded and the best two place I've ever had that could also fit three sleds in by getting creative. The extra width is fantastic. Only reason I sold it is I wanted a sled a I could move around in my storage building by my self. Went with a triton hybrid this time.