Stolen Helmet Little Brown Jug Lake Minocqua

logansccr

Well guys I made a colossal mistake last Saturday night. First off the Jug is one of my favorite places to stop at. I was there Saturday night after cruserfest and me and my buddy parked our sleds right in front. Well here is where I made my mistake, I left my helmet between my handlebars and my windshield on my sled. I know I know its stupid. You know the place gets packed and is quite small and there is not alot of room for your gear inside. Well it got stolen. On the flipside, my buddies helmet was on his sled as well and it did not get stolen. Mine was more on the expensive side so I guess thats why mine was taken. I am the type who always looks at the good side of people. I guess I need to change my tune. Bottom line watch your stuff no matter where you are.

whitedust

Now days if not with you or tied down some slease will help himself. No honor like in the days bygone if little risk they will steal stuff got to keep gear with you or don't go in a place that separates you from your gear. That is my rule gear with me or I move on see ya.

Banjo Man

That just sucks but after all these years of never worrying about anything being taken we just have to change our way of thinking. I have always left my key in sled and this past weekend, my guest rider on spare sled was taking his key out and lost it. Lucky I had spare on me or could have turned into a big pain. But I guess it could be a bigger pain if sled was gone when you came out of place.

rocketman356

That was the Prancing Pony for awhile
,,,,, anyway always put ur top on the floor under the helment racks,,,why cause the drunks never look down cause they might fall over

Last edited:

Bullcheater

Guy in our group got his gloves stolen at Greenland on friday. Atleast he had his mechanic gloves with him in his cubby. and it was warmer out.

garyl62

Since this is turning into a "what was stolen" thread... a couple years back I had a spare belt stolen while I was in for lunch at a place in Conover. I just happened to raise the hood to check my oil level after we ate and saw it was gone so I know thats where I lost it. Not sure how to prevent that but with the cost of belts now, makes me wonder when it will happen again.

rocketman356

It sucks doesn't it yaa can't park and just walk in,,,,,but really in all the years 40 plus riding only been rip off a couple of times,,,,,,,bastards

dickmsp

It's been a while, but at the Two Harbors trail head parking lot, about 7 miles northa Two Harbors right on the north shore trail, march of '06, had my topcap trailer and new '06 Renegade 600 SDI stolen... Trailer had a tongue lock on it and cap had padlocks on it.. I'm sure it took the A-h0le an extra 2 seconds to cut the lock off.. Still pi$t about it and still hate and avoid Two Harbors now.. Hope the slime that took it is hooked on crack or meth and has a miserable life..

chunk06

Buddy had his Klim balaclava stolen from a bar in the UP a couple weeks ago. I won't name the bar because it was not their fault and somebody might have taken it thinking it was theirs...Good thing he had a spare.

upsledder

Since this is turning into a "what was stolen" thread... a couple years back I had a spare belt stolen while I was in for lunch at a place in Conover. I just happened to raise the hood to check my oil level after we ate and saw it was gone so I know thats where I lost it. Not sure how to prevent that but with the cost of belts now, makes me wonder when it will happen again.

Yep. A couple years ago I started pulling mine out at the motels at night. Lately I've been thinking about pulling both.

RX1ER05

Please change the name of this Thread. If the helmet was not stolen from inside the Little Brown Jug, then the thread title should say that. I know the owner and it is bad for business when a company name appears on a thread associated with something stolen, think about it~!

durphee

We love the Little Brown Jug, spent Sunday and Tuesday evenings there. Too bad to hear about your helmet. I never associate stolen things with a specific place, it can happen anywhere and commonly does. Can't wait to get back up there!

ezra

tip # 1
new helmet un box drag across a rough stone surface a few times done.
#2 new jacket work on a sled till arms and chest both have big oil stains.
#3 gloves few chunks of duct tape on a finger done.
#4 new sled high speed run through the trees and brush tear off the windshield
#5 dont dress for the parking lot no one steels bibs with duck tape residue around the ankles {only guarantee of no snow in the boot] 1 roll good for a yr
done no more worries

bobsledder

My solution, ride older sleds and have old patched up gear. lol Hopefully someday I will have to have to consider this issue.

outrageous

Wow!! "The Little Brown Jug" It's been at least 30 yrs. since I was at that place. Is the ceiling still all sagged down looking like it is about ready to crash? Is draft beer still 25 cents a glass?

mjkaliszak

I always hate leaving my helmet anywhere I can't see it. Even on those hooks in some restaurants/bars. What a bummer, hope karma catches up with that arse clown.

throttlejunkie

i hate theifs . 3 yrs ago i had left lost pines an within a minute or so my buddy and i stopped an wondered what the heck was going on with our sleds. looked under the skies and noticed some a-hole had the nerve to steal both our carbides off our ski's an later noticed both our spare belts an tools gone. really screwed both of us on our last day.

TDL

Wow!! "The Little Brown Jug" It's been at least 30 yrs. since I was at that place. Is the ceiling still all sagged down looking like it is about ready to crash? Is draft beer still 25 cents a glass?

Was there last Friday night. Yes the ceiling is still sagging. Not sure about the beer, I drink whiskey