Storm Central for Tuesday

indy_500

Just south of Plymouth but, it's in our network.
West is better as stated earlier. Will be out all day tomorrow like other clubs.
About 10 inches on the ground as of now, was told 3-5 as you go to the lake.
Any update on your guys trail system? Have been eyeing up the kettle moraine area, was hoping to see it open up soon!

goofy600

Hey Indy check out the up thunder riders Facebook and you will see what panning 6” of snow looks like when done. On the grade it’s not bad but on regular trail not so much.

Hey Indy check out the up thunder riders Facebook and you will see what panning 6” of snow looks like when done. On the grade it’s not bad but on regular trail not so much.
Some areas have 8+ inches by me, and some tree areas in my clubs area in Jefferson WI are bare to only a couple of inches. Picked up another 2-3 inches last night. We shall see what this next storm brings....maybe they can push snow into those areas.

indy_500

Yeah I saw the post, not the prettiest. Most of the area I mentioned got 6-10 out of Tuesdays storm, and picked up a couple more inches last night, with 8-12 on the way tomorrow. Should be good riding there very soon, important thing is that all the clubs NEED to get out and pan BEFORE Fridays storm with the projected wind gusts. Often times that little berm on the edge of the trail causes the trail to collect more snow, going to need all the help you can get in wind blown areas.

goofy600

Yeah I saw the post, not the prettiest. Most of the area I mentioned got 6-10 out of Tuesdays storm, and picked up a couple more inches last night, with 8-12 on the way tomorrow. Should be good riding there very soon, important thing is that all the clubs NEED to get out and pan BEFORE Fridays storm with the projected wind gusts. Often times that little berm on the edge of the trail causes the trail to collect more snow, going to need all the help you can get in wind blown areas.
Absolutely correct, that is why we finally went out, was really hoping Tuesday and Wednesday we would have gotten a little more but we didn’t. Now if we can get some in this next storm it might become rideable. Probably nowhere near great or possibly good but rideable.

pclark

What we have here is basically 6" of powder.
You are correct Wiscrev, same over here in Manitowish, If we got 40 mile an hour winds the lakes would be bare. We need some snow, about 10", with some moisture content, and then I think we could be in business. The trails would still be in early season riding condition but it would be a start.

euphoric1

You are correct Wiscrev, same over here in Manitowish, If we got 40 mile an hour winds the lakes would be bare. We need some snow, about 10", with some moisture content, and then I think we could be in business. The trails would still be in early season riding condition but it would be a start.
I see lando has been upgraded to a winter storm warning

attakman

At 3 PM...they just upgraded Oneida, Vilas, and Lincoln County to a Winter Storm Warning....now calling for 5 to 8 inches of snow....from Friday 9am to Saturday at NOON....(heaviest snow should fall Friday afternoon and evening)......JUST an FYI....no trails are open, and I highly doubt they will this weekend....so no sense in driving like a mad man to get here to ride...lakes and swamps are NOT safe yet (hoping the incoming cold weather helps us out with this)