Straightline Performance Cable Style Ice Scratchers

moose822

Has anyone else used these? I installed a pair last weekend and lost the end of one within 5 miles and the other end was loose. Probably incorrect installation but not sure. I left what was left of them (just the cable) down for the next 450 miles and noted that they left a bunch (25 on each side) of dents and dings on my slide rails. Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

groomerdriver

Ran into a rider last week (maybe it was you?) that had this same thing happen to him. Bought my son a pair and he lost one totally. He swears he installed it right with the supplied Loctite. Don't know if it was already on the bolt or what.

I run Duraflex scratchers and have never had a problem and have over 4000 miles on one set. I THOUGHT the SLP's would be better, that's why I bought them for my son. Turns out it was a bad decision!

pez

I lost one a few weeks ago also. BUT, they were one of a year already. Worse part was is that I tightened them the day before. I probably made it worse by tightening, since it loosened the loctite.

ezra

Yes and I used all the lock tight that came with them to.
so I was driving by on Thursday and stopped in to get a new end.
so u have to buy the new end and 2 screw in scratchers .
yep $46 bucks what a deal :confused:

ezra

I would .
when I was there there were a handful of open boxes with the ends missing on the bench . 1 can only assume there were taken out and shipped to others like us .

Last edited: