Stupid deep in Twin Lakes 2

S

skylar

After reading John's journal tonight, I would have to agree, EPIC CONDITIONS! Just unbelievable. I met more people from John's site on this trip than I ever have. I am a shy guy by nature, so unless you see my sled somewhere, and come up and talk to me, you won't even know it's me. So, it was nice to meet, Brooks, Chazz, Patrick, Andy, Chris from Team Hennesy, and asb3lakes and her husband. Everyone was really cool. Andy and Patrick, you guys are hysterical. Can't wait to ride next year with you guys. Just remind me not to have the same sled as Andy, holy crap was that funny! Lance's switchback is all good.
happy.gif

Anyways, here are some more pics.

Friday morning, Kim carving

47861.jpg

Kim again

47862.jpg

Untouched and deep!

47863.jpg

Yeehaw!

47864.jpg

Well, looky there, no one has been here!

47865.jpg

Me stuck in da big drift

47866.jpg

The hole we made to get Kim out. We were able to get my sled to where my helmet is, then I got stuck again. So, we rolled it into the hole left by Kim, easiest way to get ot out!

47867.jpg

Patrick and Andy, I've talked to Andy on here and HCS a lot over the last two years, but was never able to be up there at the same time as them, until now. Kim and I stopped in at the skeeter inn, and there they were!They have a camp out by Lake Superior. I just want to know one thing, one kind of idiots ride with the same gear?! Boy do they look goofy standing next to each other.
happy.gif

47868.jpg

Wait a minute! It must be a brother thing!

47869.jpg

Eman, Lance and Kim

47870.jpg

Andy stuck

47871.jpg

The sleds taking a break before dinner.

47872.jpg

Saturday morning, 12-14 inches of new snow, headed over to the Parkview for breakfast.

47873.jpg

After breakfast, back over to Krupp's to wait for Scottiking to fix his sled. So, we tore up Krupp's field. Like I said, it was stupid deep, I was laughing in my helmet the whole time. Here is Joe's son Emanuel on my brothers sled. Eman was riding his dads 02 RMK, and it locked up tight on Friday afternoon. Jeez, first trip to the UP, and he mechanically wrecks his first sled! ATTA BOY!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> really wasn't his fault, the sled was on it's last breath. This simple gesture he is making sums it up. Man, I was 23 years old before I made it to the UP, he is 12! Lucky dog!

47874.jpg

My sled

47875.jpg

Joe busting pow

47876.jpg

Joe jumping

47877.jpg

Me jump{042}

Joe again

47878.jpg

Me again

47879.jpg

Told ya it was deep

47880.jpg

Eman stuck

47881.jpg

Right after I got done carving, sled was running a little rich, I wonder why? LOL.

47882.jpg

Scottiking carving

47883.jpg

Joe busting pow again

47884.jpg

Scott and Chris from Team Hennesey.

47885.jpg

Loading up to head home.

47886.jpg

I felt sorry for Chris, brand new sled, and it burns down on him. I could tell that while Joe and I were jumping, he was just itching to jump also. Being a young guy like he is, I am sure he would have went higher and farther than we did. It would have been fun to see if I would have been able to macth him. Maybe next time eh Chris? ( I know he would go bigger though, 39 years old, vs, 23 years old. LOL)

It was an awesome two days of riding, I want to give a big THANK YOU, and I LOVE YOU, to my wife Corie who allows me to go up as much as I do. Thanks for understanding this addiction I have honey!

asb3lakes

Skylar...looks like you lost your touch like I did earlier today...are your pics too large?? Can't wait to see them!

Nice meeting you Sat at Krupp's - my husband & I were there with the 2 Rev 600 HO's - his a renegade w/yellow shield & mine a short track. Look forward to seeing you up there alot more...we're looking to move up that way!

S

skylar

Nice meeting you also. Good luck on moving up there! That is awesome! Later, Skylar.

mxzx989

Hey Skylar, I think we passed you on the trail 3 on Friday between Twin Lakes and Toivola. There were three of us, 2 doos and a black cat. Do these sleds look familiar?
47898.jpg

47899.jpg

47900.jpg

asb3lakes

The images weren't there before...does the posting come up before you've completely uploaded them? New to this and still learning....

kingofmountain

Skylar, looks like you boys had one sweet___ time!! The snow is amazing up here now...and I figure you wouldn't want to miss this epic event, yah, I just read John's journal. Wish I would of been there, but some of us have to work to make it safe for others to play (LOL). Enjoy your day.

dougyb

I just don't get it
I can't find any Minnesota guys that want to go up there and ride in that deep snow

MXZX989
THOSE ARE SOME GREAT PICTURES

scottiking

Just got back from Bristows and They are going to tear apart Chris's new sled in the morning and have it back to us thursday so we can head to krupps again friday!
I looked at an 06 switchback 900 there and they looked at mine for a trade! thinking of going up 4 years! it looks sweet but I don't know too much about them yet! need to do some research!
Did ya get that video I took of your jump? I should of done more videos but I didn't have much riding time due to the breakdown and Chris not having a sled to ride!
Thanks for loaning him the swithback BTW!
Scottiking OUT
P.S. see ya friday! "buy your wife a present"

A

admin

Very nice Skylar! Glad SOMEONE took lots of pics of the riding conditions!

Kingofmountain- What the heck are you still doing up at 10:36?!

-John

acase27

Skylar, I was at Krupps saturday morning too. Just wondering if you guys saw an 07 rev and a ZR 900 both short tracks, haha. Yeah we got stuck. It was well worth it tho. I was looking for you guys but never saw you.

yooper

AWESOME PICS!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>!Unbelievable powder Wish I was there!

bigkevs

Hey Skylar, I've got an '06 s/b900. Really like the sled. Make sure if you get one all the updates are done.Check all the sites for clues on what else you can look for. Had mine out West, only regret was I shoulda gone with a 2" track vs. 1.25" stocker..Looks like a lot of fun up at Krupp's neighborhood! Wish I was there!

mrsjac95

Yeah - over here sobbing now, uncontrollably sobbing.

Incredible pictures here and in John's journal! EPIC - yes, I agree with that term!

So yeah, I will just go back over there and continue to sob.

REV IT UP!

Jul

S

skylar

Kingofmountain, thanks for making the roads safe! But, man, it must have been driving you NUTS to see all that snow, and not be out playing in it!

John, as we were carving up Krupp's field, my brother kept telling me to stop and take more pictures, video, etc. I was like NO WAY! Not going to let you guys have all the fun!

That might have been a once in a lifetime snow event, and to be able to come up there at just the right time, awesome. What a way to the end the season huh?

maybe
happy.gif

A

admin

Skylar-

It was a great way to "end" the season.
wink.gif

One of those rides that will remain in my memorey bank forever. Added to the December of '05 ride in the fluff and the ride in 78 degree temps in April a few years ago. Who knows, perhaps another ride in 70 degree temps will occur this year!

-John

maxmachz

Raftin Johnny and I are going back up Thursday,we'll post some more pics of what we find for you....our 121's can't go where you guys go tho, but we will still burn 2 more tanks of fuel in the Mach Zs for the second time this April after it being grass!! Last Friday was the BEST, Scotti we should have stayed and not gone home
sad.gif

S

skylar

Here are a few more

Someone stole the mansion!

47968.jpg

Kim falling off, first carve in more than a month!

47969.jpg

C'mon tubby, pick it up!

47970.jpg

Saturday morning

47971.jpg

Lance, check out the snow packed into the helmet

47972.jpg

Lance again

47973.jpg

Joe jumping

47974.jpg

Me jumping