Stupid deep in Twin Lakes 2

S

scott_b

Skylar,

Wasn't the bent tunnel on the RMK just fixed... from jumping???

S

scott_b

And thanks for the great pics, always look forward to your posts after a trip. Hope to meet up with you some day.

S

skylar

Nope, the RMK was not fixed yet. I called the dealer Thursday and told them I was swinging by to pick it up. It is still ridable. It wasn't the jump that bent it, it was what I landed on, and the angle that I landed at, that bent it.

mrsjac95

Hey Skylar - THE MANSION... Did it fall? Or did you finally have that BOMB fire???

Your pictures bring tears to my eyes! Whoaisme!

REV IT UP!

Jul

S

skylar

It was sacrificed in the name of fire safety training. One step closer to the dream becoming a reality. But, still a few years to go though.

Go check out Team Kesslers pictures in the guest shots gallery, freaking awesome!

S

skylar

LMAO. I was just thinking of last weekend as I was looking at the pictures here, and I have to tell the story. As Joe and I and his son and my brother towed the 02 RMK back to Krupp's, and to get the back up sled, the rest of the gang stayed at the BP. Well, Andy and Patrick are brothers, and like most brothers, not to easy on each other. Lance and Andy have the same year sled, except Andy's has a small windshield and handguards. Anyways, Patrick's summit's front bumper was damaged a little bit, so Andy kept kicking it, and telling Patrick he was going to wreck it more. So Patrick decides he is going to ram his sled into Andy's, at a distance of about 5' or so. So he does, and breaks the rest of his bumper. Weeelll, he actually slammed into Lance's switchback, and not Andy's. I wasn't even there to see it happen, and I was laughing my arse off. No damage to Lance's sled.

Ahh yes, good times in da UP.

95xcr600

April 10th and there is still snow like that to be had at Krupp's? Man, I am living in the WRONG state. Iowa sucks...

Altho, it is snowing right now and the two places I've checked, the ones that I resort to when John isn't giving out forecasts, are saying we could see between 8 to 12 inches by tomorrow afternoon. It's been warm and the ground is softened up, but if there is that much on the ground, I'm putting a few more clicks on the odometer for the season!

John, what do you say? North central Iowa have a chance of good snow tomorrow? This has just been a completely strange season... short too.

tilltheend

Wait Skylar my bro started it! He broke that thing in Wyoming in February, I told him it would go through the powder better without the bumper! And for the record I have one good handguard left after friday. It was a good day to bad we could only ride friday, were thinking about heading back up this weekend, waiting on how the weather is. You guys heading back up?

willey

Skylar, from the looks of it you guys had an awesome time. How do you like your RMK? I am thinking about picking up a 07' 600 RMK 144.

Dougyb, drop me a line next winter some time. I am always up for the deep stuff. Just need to make up my mind if I am going to stretch the edge 800 or move up to a RMK.

I am so jealous of all you guys!!! Hope to meet you all some day to bust some pow!!!

Have a great summer.

S

skylar

TTE, my bad, I though you broke it a little first.LOL. It was still funnier then <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>. Not sure if we are going up or not. It will probably be a last minute descision.

Willey, I love the RMK. If you are into off trail enough to warrant buying one, you will love it. The thing jumps up on the snow very quickly. I did ride my Renegade a little last weekend in the deep. From a dead stop you had to hammer it, and keep it hammered, to get up on the snow. My rmk would basically just drive out of anything. I don't know how many times I pulled up next to my brother and stopped to help him get out, and then I would just ride away. Awesome sled.

mnnolesks

Not to be rude or out of line but some parts of this thread have lost their site. The pics are great but it seems this thread has been taken over by pics and vids and their comments.
Their is now a user pics thread, as some of us are trying to get condition updates and end up having to scroll through pic comments to see there is nothing there.
Just asking we self police ourselves and use the designated areas for what they are for.

twark_kesslers

I would contend that the pictures definitely indicate snow conditions. Even look at the title. If John Dee complains will obviously comply with his wishes.

Twarkness

mnnolesks

I will not argue that the pictures tell of the past conditions. Personally I just see that this section of the boards has become a picture post and comment section. While it has become hard to sort through for true conditions. As I said let us self police ourselves, If lots of pics, let us all say, they are in picture thread, and post our condition statements here.

snowstump

there is always someone complaining about something, crap, are you sure your not just jelouse that you don't have a story to tell? P.S. shoutout to the J DEE family,have a good summer. I'm still high from all the POW awsome weekend!!!

S

skylar

Don't worry, I'll move this one to the guest shots soon. Maybe when I get back Sunday from another weekend of riding.

marty700

I was in Twin Lakes this week. Rode Monday to Wednesday with my son. The area is definitely getting spent. The warmer temps and traffic have all but killed the Bill Nichols trail. Off trail riding is still decent, but very few areas are left for new tracks and many forestry/logging roads were also getting bumpy. Best riding was north of Houghton. You have to trailer North to get over the bridge, but North of Calumet, the trails get good. We broke trail the last 15 miles into Copper Harbor on Tuesday. We were literally bushwhacking as we had to move many downed branches and even a 5 inch diameter downed tree. The fresh snow was worth it though - I'd say it was about 24"-36" deep on the trail, deeper in some spots. The view from atop Brockway was breathtaking - because of the time of year, you could literally see Thunder Bay on the other side of Lake Superior. For those looking to ride this weekend, I'd defintely suggest trailering North. There's plenty of snow left up there and its in pretty good shape. I know we left the last 15 miles into Copper Harbor in beautiful condition - on the return trip form Copper Harbor, we tried to smooth it out a bit for subsequent riders. Finally, one note: the gas station(s) in Copper Harbor were closed. I had to syphon gas from my son's long track (1996 Ski-doo Tourning LE 380cc) to my short track (2002 Ski-doo Legend 700cc) to get back to the gas stop just South of Phoenix. I'll try to post pictures early next week.