Sturgis????

polarisrider1

Okqy guys, heading to badlands SD in am. Where are we all suppose to hook up at 4.30 pm. This is crazy, met Jerry Springer today. Such a strange guy.

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Back home, shuttling bikes from Grand Haven to Grand Rapids. What a great time. Coud not hook up with everyone while managing a group of twenty. Found out heel shifter works well in the burn out pit. Got tons of t shirts and some new grips and LED lights on my bike. Rode all week no issues and then a half mile from home some nut turns left in front of me. I locked them up, lots of smoke and a hang on for dear life ensured. Rode it out, changed my shorts when arrived home. My" tat" has washed off. Not quite hardcore. Lol

Bradzoo

Glad you guys had a good time and no issue's, of course how could you not have a good time in Sturgis. Pictures?

polarisrider1

Glad you guys had a good time and no issue's, of course how could you not have a good time in Sturgis. Pictures?

I will get some up here. Been mostly on facebook. Kinda hard to do with phone. Pat, Andy,Carter I know you guys got pics to. P.s. most my pics John would ban me if I posted. Recovering on boat today. I need to resize all my pics first.

Last edited:

fgsacts

Sturgis pics

A few safe pics. Just under 3000 miles in eight days.

Attachments

• DSCN0318.jpg
    DSCN0318.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0336.jpg
    DSCN0336.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0351.jpg
    DSCN0351.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN0369.jpg
    DSCN0369.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0422.jpg
    DSCN0422.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

fgsacts

Sturgis pics

A few more

Attachments

• DSCN0503.jpg
    DSCN0503.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0438.jpg
    DSCN0438.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0455.jpg
    DSCN0455.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0517.jpg
    DSCN0517.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0573.jpg
    DSCN0573.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

polarisrider1

Pat, everytime I turned around out went a 10 spot each for the wife and I to see anything, except for the Bars in town. then it was $5.00 beers. (money well spent).

fgsacts

they got ya for a buck to see ol wild bills grave too eh?

That was actually the main thing I wanted to see this year. Watched the Deadwood series on DVD and really wanted to see Boot Hill. It was a hike up to Seth Bullock's grave. We are going to stay in Deadwood next time out. Lot's of history and beer is cheaper. It seems like Sturgis is getting very expensive. $5.50 a beer at FTS. About the cheapest we found in Sturgis was $4.00. Did the crowd seem lighter this year? We passed 100's of bikes going east on the way out. I know the economy is bad but the entire rally seems to be getting to expensive for alot of people. Maybe the week before is the time to go if you are mainly coming out to ride and not party.

Firecatguy

we had same feeling everything cost more.....we also went up to see the graves great time just found it funny it was a buck!!!!

great trip great time......we will be staying back at Hog heaven again not one guy had any issue with the campground, close to all the action yet still quiet food good in camp too beer are 200bucks at camp bar......we planing a week next year sat to sat...........

Andy I seen a hotel in keystone was andvetising 45$ rooms if your looking to stay in a motel......

polarisrider1

I found. $2 Sam Adams and Avalanche beer in keystone. Tilford Gulch was great. Owners really took great care and concerns for my group of twenty. Sturgis I agree is way to commercialized and pricey. Deadwood or Keystone next time out. Rapid City Harley is one stop shopping.

polarisrider1

Limo ride from Tilford to Piedmont (Slash J's) bar and back was best deal, FREE. We tipped the driver heavily since nothing is truly free. Wish I had more pics to post but.........

fgsacts

I agree that things were cheaper in Deadwood, Keystone, Custer, etc. The town of Sturgis has gotten out of hand price wise. I don't mind camping and that is still pretty reasonable out there. Probably bringing the wives next time (2013) so will be looking for hotel rooms or a house. Planning on the week before the actual rally at this point. I really would like to stay in Deadwood. That is my favorite town out there. So much history and plenty to do at night without the huge crowds. I have never seen FTS as crowded as it was Tuesday night for Nugent. The line for the bathrooms had to be 300 people long. I am not exaggerating. Two of us finally left because we didn't want to wait that long. Did either of you guys go to the new Easyriders bar? That was fun. They had a Johnny Cash cover band one night that was awesome. Could have stayed there all night but I was beat after riding all week and we were leaving on Friday morning. Checked out Coyote Ugly in Deadwood. Wasn't impressed with that place. The Knuckle still rocked. Broken Spoke was so so. We really didn't party that much. I guess we are getting responsible, lol.

Firecatguy

Easyriders is my new spot for people watching 5min from camp I go down there and have cpl beers and stand on the balcony looking over lazaell st....
I have to say Thur night for jackal was insane, same deal lines for bathroom where all the way thru to the inside bar!!! the place was packed ust be the tv show bringin in the biz....10bucks to get in the FTS!!! I used to go out there every night and people watch..not anymore....found a new spot that's still free to get in......still a blast!!!

Thanks Wayne for stopping by and picking us up for the limo ride.....lol we could got 40 of us in there right?lol

had a blast fri rode with Carter all day!!!we did needles,keystone,Mt coolidge{sp},Rushmore and van Knocker 2 times......we came across a acident on needles we where the 10 or so bikes behind a head on!!!not first on scene but first to help....Carter took control of the victims and the rest of us got traffic moving again!!!was a head on two bikes involved one guy had broken leg and one had broken back!!!!!took medical good 15 to 20min to get there.....I always thought bikers where some great people....well seems there a bunch who are not!!!!1alot mad people and alot guys who can not control there bikes I had to push a few bikes over to stop the from hitting the guy with broken back!!!!was sad to see that side of some...........

working on the few pics I took!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

polarisrider1

Easyrider on ther unfinished 3rd floor balcony I stayed for a couple hours up there. watching the bike wash going on down below. I did not have a clue Carter was staying next to Slash J's until Saturday morning. Did you see the Limo we had? it was stationed in Piedmont. Managed to find some pics I could post.

Attachments

• 2011-08-08_14-42-04_378 (Medium).jpg
    2011-08-08_14-42-04_378 (Medium).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 2011-08-08_15-00-15_421 (Medium).jpg
    2011-08-08_15-00-15_421 (Medium).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 2011-08-10_10-36-58_128 (Medium).jpg
    2011-08-10_10-36-58_128 (Medium).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 2011-08-10_12-47-10_933 (Medium).jpg
    2011-08-10_12-47-10_933 (Medium).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 31

fgsacts

Yea I think I am done with FTS also. Used to be the place we went just about every night. I am glad they are finding success but it is to crowded and expensive for me now. We watched the film crew follow Ballard around. Let me tell you that there is nothing real about reality TV. It is all staged and probably scripted. Can't knock the guys for cashing in though. I will miss the Flaunt girls, lol. Easyriders is my new favorite hang out in Sturgis.

Attachments

• DSCN0478.jpg
    DSCN0478.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0483.jpg
    DSCN0483.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0484.jpg
    DSCN0484.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: