Summer 2015 Fish Pics

skiroule

I would take a stringer like that any day of the week. Looks like some of them will be diner very soon.

I'm curious how far north you were fishing.

schnook

We flew in out of small town called pickle lake. The town is 150 miles north of souix lookout. We flew in to a lake with one cabin on it, only way there is by float plane. Fishing was good, weather was nice except for the wind. we typically caught 19-20" walleys slot limit was 18" didn't catch any monsters this year, best one I caught there so far was a 30" bruiser.

skiroule

I have heard of Pickle Lake. Very cool trip! I assume this is an annual event and is definitely something to look forward to each year. Has to be quite an experience to fish a Walleye lake that good that hardly anyone fishes.

Never brought in a 30" Walleye - congrats on that achievement. In Ontario that had to be one big fish, not only in length but I'm sure the girth was in the hog category. Maybe someday.

Thought we were done boat fishing for the year but an unexpected nice stretch of weather has extended the season. Fished yesterday and fishing was good but I couldn't buy a Walleye. My wife and her cousin were bringing them in with annoying regularity. Think I might have hooked into a Muskie though. It was heavy and was definitely not a Walleye or Northern. Had it on for quite a while but it eventually bit the leader off before I got a look. Never caught one so it would have been fun to actually put one in the boat.

schnook

Yes it is quite fun, when they are hitting it is not uncommon to catch 30-40 per hour. Any where from 15-23 inches, this usually happens at the mouth of one of the two rivers that feed the lake. The outlet can be the same but can be a little harry as it is more of a rapids than anything else, fast water and huge rocks and not enough motor to come back up it. Trip is usually every two years or so,been this way for 15 years or so.

skiroule

Schnook, the waiting between trips must be tough but I’m sure it’s worth the wait.

Never thought we'd be boat fishing on Lake of the Woods in November without arctic gear on but the last couple of days have been very un-November like so we are taking advantage of the opportunity. Sounds like snow is coming so maybe the pattern is changing. Guess ice fishing isn't that far away.

Went back to some of the summer spots yesterday and we’re still finding some nice fish, including this one – beautiful, healthy fish.

DSC00189_zpsropnk59r.jpg

This is what keeps a person humble. I hadn’t even finished patting myself on the back for catching the big Walleye when I stepped on my hook and embedded it in my boot. Not only did this require removal of the boot but I needed a hook-out to extract the hook. Pretty humiliating - my wife loved it.

]
DSC00192_zpsdj1opzej.jpg

Pulling into another potential hot spot and it sure doesn’t look like the typical November wind-whipped water.

DSC00194_zps4bqgkaze.jpg