Thank you for the Journal Nora

mezz

Thank you for sharing your & Gracies journey. As your beloved would say in many of his closings of Snow Church, "Keep your sticks on the ice, and keep a smile on your face". It's good to hear that you & Gracie are doing well. What it comes down to is John would want you & Gracie to find your peace & keep a smile on your face. God Bless, he will never be forgotten & things it will continue to get better.

Hoosier

Thanks for writing and sharing.

You wrote this - it's something I have thought about quite a bit this winter:

We tend to remember tidbits of information by events that are going on in our lives. I wonder if people will remember the winter of 23-24 as the winter John Dee left this earth and it didn’t snow.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here, I've had the exact same thoughts. It was such an unusual winter, weather-wise, after losing John....

euphoric1

Thank you Nora, I have always enjoyed reading the journal entries, getting a peek into the man him self's mind, thoughts, feelings and sharing bits and pieces of his personal and family life and now you and Gracie continuing that, I think it was Johns willingness to share his personal side with us that cemented that family like feeling this site has. Unfortunately there is no handbook for coping or healing, there is no right or wrong way or any specific amount of time needed or allowed for it either. Part of the healing process is sharing and remembering and yes sometimes it may bring tears or laughter its important to share your memories and thoughts with family and friends. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that all of us here want to be and consider ourselves your extended family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, your experiences and your memories and thank you and all the behind the scene staff for keeping this site going.

durphee

Thanks for the post Nora. Its interesting on reading about someone who is going through a major life change and how it can help others who are reading the post get through their life changes also. Reading about it really makes you think about what we all have or may have lost. Pleaes keep us posted on your journey.

Airman68

Although I didn't know John personally or your family, I did have a connection with him like most people that searched out his website. A love for snow and winter. I couldn't wait to look at the forecast graphic every morning as it came out. It's funny because I always used to tell people about the forecast and would say, John is usually right so get ready for snow. Many prayers from our family to yours. God Bless.

heckler56

Thank you for the update. The memories are most definitely the healing. Recalling them today as painful as it may seem will help cement them for years to come when the mind is healed and wanting to reflect on them.

As for a sign off you kind of said it. The Dee g’s. And now you know why they call me the Heckler 😁

hermie

Thank you for giving us all update. We all miss John very dearly and it has been such a change not watching John's snow church. I lost my mother a couple of weeks ago and reading this has brought some more tears. While I got my wife there every day to get me through it and I can't help but think of my father who has lost his partner of 55 years. I am so glad you have Gracie to help you through this terrible time.

dwz

Thanks for sharing your story with us as you heal from JD passing from this life to the next

jr37

God's blessings to you and Gracie, Nora. John will never be forgotten, but with God and prayer, the sting of losing him will heal. We all loved him, and his family. Please know that we are thinking of you two, and praying for you.

Last edited:

Schwegg

Thank you for the journal update Nora! I was wondering and hoping that you would keep up the journal as it has a special place in my heart. Your update made me emotional yet again but in a good way as I think grief is a universal journey that we all face. As far as a closing statement for your updates, I was thinking maybe "Onward we go!". All the best to the Dee's of the U.P.!