The Price of Having Fun

srt20

Leaving this weekend for the Rockies for a week. Not to excited about $5/gal diesel at 10-12 mpg, but it is what it is. The fuel for the sled is minor compared to the truck.

elf

Leaving this weekend for the Rockies for a week. Not to excited about $5/gal diesel at 10-12 mpg, but it is what it is. The fuel for the sled is minor compared to the truck.
Also leaving for West Yellowstone for a week on Saturday to meet my son. When we planned this back in Oct we weren't planning on $4/gallon gas. Luckily I'm just throwing my sled in the back of my truck so I'm not pulling the big enclosed trailer.

renegade

We did cancel our planned vacation was pulling camper to California to sight see. Now we are doing the U.P. and Mackinaw Island. For now the toys will get the gas, but I can pass on the increase to my customers. The problem will arise when the economy slows and there is less work to do. Until then just adjust, like always. But I'm basically debt free and can adjust much easier then those who are not.

pclark

$5.09 for Premium in Manitowish Waters today, Regular was a deal at $4.19 gl. $5.09 gl for diesel but they were all out of it, i bet that goes up by Friday with their next delivery. Good thing Spring is coming and we have only a few more months of heating.

billjd

For me it’s full steam ahead….I knew what was going to happen…it wasn’t rocket science.. again, those that voted for “no tweets” can now rest easy. The middle class is getting throttled and sadly..it’s just the beginning of some very tough years ahead.

pacer

I have a 300 gallon fuel tank at the house that I have non e premium in for the toys. Filled in December at 3.56 a gallon then 2 weeks ago refilled with 250 more at 3.97 so that should get me through most of the summer hopefully until snow season and hopefully things get figured out and prices come back down
you think that gas will stay good that long? how much octane loss?
I also have a 400 gallon bulk fuel tank I have at my cabin that I put 91 non ethanol/non oxy in. Works great and have never had any problems. However myself and a few neighbors use it for our snowmobiles, boats, lawnmowers and such. We go through about 400 gallons in the summer and about 600 in the winter. Just topped it off a week or so ago for $3.85 a gallon.

old abe

It will get expensive out on the water. But the price of 87 won't get much above five bucks. After five bucks discretionary spending will drop off and demand will match supply.

Right Abe??
Perhaps, perhaps not? Your guess is as good as mine. Petro, energy stocks, paying out real good, eh.

old abe

Non oxy will be fine. 87 oxy is the bad stuff. Only about a month in some cases.
For E gas, first choice Stabilizer/Octane boost is K-100. Second choice for Stabilizer, is Star Tron. Treat when it's pumped fresh, not waiting until later.

SHOOT2KILL

Pulled my Ryker out of storage today...Forecast for mid 60* here in So Wi late next week...Perfect timing for a transition to summer fun...

mrbb

the last time fuel prices were nuts like this, back in like 2008 if memory is right, I drove from PA to ND non stop at 4 bucks a gallon, I spent like almost 700 bucks in fuel in a 24 hour window, a true first for me on fuel costs in 1 day driving a basic pickup truck to go hunting!

I swore I'd never do that again, but had everything all booked up 2 yrs in advance, and would have costs more to back out than pay the fuel costs
on the way home I hit a deer with the truck, adding to some extra costs on the way home . HAHA (even got that sucker mounted a nice 10 point buck, as a reminder)
it was a successful hunt other wise, and glad I went in the end
but dam that was a lot of $$ on fuel
OH to be young (er) and willing to work more to pay for the costs of enjoying hobbies! HAHA
I guess I still partly wish I could still do it!

pclark

41rXULEseuL._AC_SX466_.jpg
The new way to steal gas is apparently just drilling a 3/8" hole in the bottom of the tank, inserting a gas line into it and draining it. Apparently the new vehicles have a mechanism in the system that prevents tanks draining in accidents so using a siphon hose like this on the newer cars will not work. GREAT.............steal my gas and ruin my gas tank to the tune of at least $1,000 or more. Thanks Brandon!

snobuilder

$ 3.86 @ the Exxon? in Lomira next to Shooter Supply yesterday. Probly the last station in the state stil in the 3's.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
The new way to steal gas is apparently just drilling a 3/8" hole in the bottom of the tank, inserting a gas line into it and draining it. Apparently the new vehicles have a mechanism in the system that prevents tanks draining in accidents so using a siphon hose like this on the newer cars will not work. GREAT.............steal my gas and ruin my gas tank to the tune of at least $1,000 or more. Thanks Brandon!
I bought a new Ford about a year ago and it doesn't have a gas cap. Instead a spring loaded gismo that you insert the nozzle in, so a Shaker Hose wouldn't work. As for drilling holes in the tank, it always amazes me how much effort crooks put into stealing something rather than just getting a job and staying out of jail.

wiscrev

I bought a new Ford about a year ago and it doesn't have a gas cap. Instead a spring loaded gismo that you insert the nozzle in, so a Shaker Hose wouldn't work. As for drilling holes in the tank, it always amazes me how much effort crooks put into stealing something rather than just getting a job and staying out of jail.
+1000 Was just telling someone yesterday that it takes more work trying to stay out of work than to just work. At least that's what I've seen.

mezz

There are some out there that are cutting off the catalytic converters off of vehicles, doesn't matter where they are. Ballsy to say the least.