The weather channel and ol' Harv

mezz

If "loosen" is the opposite of "tighten", then whut is unloosen? The opposite of "untighten"?
Ergo "unloosened" = "tightened"!
Me confuseded! :indecisiveness:

Too funny! I suppose it is the same thought process for those that refer to taking something out of the freezer as "unthawing", my response is, in other words your freezing it, right?:indecisiveness: Now back to your regularly scheduled program.:cool:-Mezz

T

Tracker

you see nash...heres the dealio...loosen is something happening right now...loosened is something that happened awhile ago....so its a VERB my man....and UNTIGHTENING instead of unloosening happens BEFORE its UNLOOSENED...first ya gotta untighten it...then...it becomes unloosened....CAPEESH

Verb[edit]

untighten (third-person singular simple present untightens, present participle untightening, simple past and past participle untightened)
1.(transitive) To loosen; to make something less tight.

Verb[edit]

unloosen (third-person singular simple present unloosens, present participle unloosening, simple past and past participle unloosened)
1.To unloose; to loosen.

old abe

Too funny! I suppose it is the same thought process for those that refer to taking something out of the freezer as "unthawing", my response is, in other words your freezing it, right?:indecisiveness: Now back to your regularly scheduled program.:cool:-Mezz

Mezz, are you sure you didn't mean "unregulary" scheduled program??? Let us now see how long it takes frnash to get on that one??? Oh, I just seen on one of my market lines, crude oil down, gas prices up, and away we go!!! I say so what!!!

mezz

Mezz, are you sure you didn't mean "unregulary" scheduled program??? Let us now see how long it takes frnash to get on that one??? Oh, I just seen on one of my market lines, crude oil down, gas prices up, and away we go!!! I say so what!!!

After side trackers last post, I would have to agree with you on that one LOL! If there wasn't such a time difference between AZ & here, he would be (& will be, eventually) all over it.:onthego:-Mezz

whitedust

If you think the U.S. rules, regulations, and restrictions are bad, just check out Canada's. Whoooeee!!!

UGH... I hear that!! I FINALLY settled an estate in Toronto took almost 3 years with all the BS in Canada that Canadians admit have no function or governmental agency to track settlement taxes that went into effect January of 2017. Canada does not like money leaving Canada and going to other countries ....what a pita for Americans! On a different matter I have no problem with Canadian Standards on mfg products.

frnash

you see nash...heres the dealio...loosen is something happening right now...loosened is something that happened awhile ago....so its a VERB my man....and UNTIGHTENING instead of unloosening happens BEFORE its UNLOOSENED...first ya gotta untighten it...then...it becomes unloosened....CAPEESH …
Oh fer dog's sake, UNTIGHTEN iz even in the frackin' dіск-shun-ary/ies! :disgust:
Okay, "I kivit yuu tis one". Score:Tracker: 1, FRNash goose-egg.
Now my hed hertz — about 40,000 hertz! :dejection:

Anyone want to debate "tighten up" vs. "tighten down", or "wash up" vs. "wash down", etc.?
[ English is a dying language! — Ehkä minun pitäisi luopua englannista ja vaihtaa suomeksi! ]