Thinking of getting Married

chords

I may have met the one if ya know what I mean. We are both running out of time and desire to be in Love. Money and security..well kinda lopsided there and I would be at risk for that. And I would be inheriting a life of drama. Is it worth it ?

mrbb

I was told a long time ago
MARRY for MONEY< LOVE IS FREE LOL
but honestly I think its a more personal deal, than a rule of thumb on getting married or not

its great for some and its terrible for others

I'd be doing some serious looking at how compatible you's are in life NOW< and plans of the future!
and even chat up some of the past, as the past has a way of haunting a lot of folks that cannot get past it!

chords

oh so true. believe me I hear all about the past. 11 yrs later. She cant get beyond it. And the present. And both are still haunting/dominating our conversations, Hence the drama.

maddogg

Marriage is the hardest job I've ever had. For me its worth it with the life I've built with my wife and twin boys. Highs and lows, counseling, personalities....everything plays a part. Just remember your are marrying her family too and she yours.

slimcake

7 years happily married here but I got lucky. Got two for ya. Marry for money and you pay for it. If it floats, flies or ****s its cheaper to rent it..... LOL

dfattack

Marriage is the hardest job I've ever had. For me its worth it with the life I've built with my wife and twin boys. Highs and lows, counseling, personalities....everything plays a part. Just remember your are marrying her family too and she yours.

Oh so true! Wise comment. I remind any younger person thinking about getting married of that same advice if they ask me.

To the OP...if the potential wife comes with drama...Highly recommend taking your time to know 100% you want to proceed. If she's the one, then she will still be around.

whitedust

I may have met the one if ya know what I mean. We are both running out of time and desire to be in Love. Money and security..well kinda lopsided there and I would be at risk for that. And I would be inheriting a life of drama. Is it worth it ?

Your words DRAMA! No way I would marry into drama who needs that nonsense in their life? You want someone that brings peace and contentment to your life not DRAMA. Stay single for sure be friends and free to look some more.

Remember:
The (dating) sites cater to more than 50 million users in the U.S., Slavitt said, noting that research from OKCupid has found people who are vaccinated or plan to get vaccinated receive 14% more matches than those who don't.
]

chords

I have no idea who "Slavitt" is. And dating site profiles can claim anything. Do you even follow the conversation or read what you type ?

DRAMA - Never had any in my life and would like to keep it that way.

BigSix

If there is drama before marriage, it will be drama X1000 after the wedding.

Also, it depends how happy you are with yourself, by yourself. Some people need to have others around them to be happy. If you are content being alone for long periods of time and look forward to being alone, marriage may not be for you.

mrbb

MARRIAGE IS THE CAUSE OF DIVORCE.

Do you know why divorces costs so much ? Because they're worth it.

Don~
I know a lot of folks that will highly disagree with this one
and tell you straight up, it was way over priced and set them back decades from ever retiring and filled with regrets!
and since the percentages of how many STAY married is so high, I doubt there alone!

as they say some folks PLAY and WIN the lottery, sadly most DON"T! LOL!