Thinking of getting Married

jonesin

Sorry man, but I think you knew the answer when you typed the question
im going on 3 years drama free and cant imagine going back!!!!!

katden4

I will be married 25 years this weekend, and wouldn't change a thing. We both agree, no drama. We do have our differences for sure, but we work them out or at least agree to disagree, but then we move on. Having a great partner in life can be wonderful, but if your asking an internet forum, you must have concern in your choice already. Just being honest.

mezz

I will say this about marriage. If you have drama in a relationship now, it's not going to change, at least from my personal experience. My first marriage was exactly that, DRAMA. Stuck it out for 13 years, then it came to an end. For me & my young daughters at the time, it was rough, but in the grand scheme of things it was the best thing that could have happened for the 3 of us. I have been happily married since for 20 years. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been roses, it takes a bit of effort, kindness & understanding from both parties to make it work. I joked about marriage being a "wonderful institution" cause sometimes things can drive you a little crazy, but, when you work through the issues that can occur & do it together, it just further bonds the relationship. I wouldn't have it any other way. -Mezz

Iowarider

I always thought marriage licenses should be renewable every several years like other licenses. That being said I've been renewing mine for 45 years with no regrets.

garageguy

How much muny she got?? Do she clean and stuff??

- - - Updated - - -

Drama is everywhere...stick with the important things.

- - - Updated - - -

Drama is everywhere...stick with the important things.

ezra

oh so true. believe me I hear all about the past. 11 yrs later. She cant get beyond it. And the present. And both are still haunting/dominating our conversations, Hence the drama.

Run forest run . Your first 2 posts say everything you already know .

chords

No after all these years of going solo I'm good with how things are. I don't wanna mess it all up now. You talked me out of it.

snomoman

I couldn’t help but overhear 2 20 something year old guys talking in the bar last night, One of the guys says to his friend “you look tired”, “I am exhausted” he said, “I can’t believe it, my girlfriend and I are having sex three and four times a day, I just can’t keep up with it, I don’t know what to do”. an older guy was hearing the conversation sitting a couple stools down said to them “go ahead and marry her, that’ll put a stop to it”

garageguy

Well...now I have the same problem. Gave a drunk girl a safe ride home, exchanged numbers, started dating. Shes 13 years younger way hot. Tons of affections and the other things. She started planning my wedding after 3 weeks, is a two bottle a day wine drinker, tons of drama, nights filled with drunken ramblings that turn into incoherent mumblings.
I think I will heed my own advice and start Truck shopping..

BigSix

Snobuilder,

That is so fricken funny I spit my beer out when I read it! Luckily, I spit it in my glass so it wasn't wasted!

xsledder

An ex work colleague once told me it would have been cheaper for him to save his money for hookers, and the hookers would be far less frustrating. (Use them, abuse them, pay them and goodbye.)