This is a BIG storm that's about to hit us

groomerdriver

I can't remember the last time that almost the entire State of Wisconsin was under a Winter Storm Warning! The storm sure looks impressive on the satellite views!

First a 3 day Keeweenaw Blizzard now this? WOW...the switch sure flipped fast!! :)

utinans

Exactly what we need,everybody get a foot or please more,would keep us all spread out instead of just riding in one area,i hope this a harbinger of whats to come this winter,pray!!!

groomerdriver

Exactly what we need,everybody get a foot or please more,would keep us all spread out instead of just riding in one area,i hope this a harbinger of whats to come this winter,pray!!!

Sounds like the snow is going to be of the light and fluffy variety. Not perfect but we'll take it right!!!!

I for one would love to be able to ride from my house to locations around the state!

G

G

Sounds like the snow is going to be of the light and fluffy variety. Not perfect but we'll take it right!!!!

I for one would love to be able to ride from my house to locations around the state!

You need about a foot out of this one and then have it continue east. How many years has it been since the Tuscobia has been fully groomed from one end to the other for 3 months?

groomerdriver

You need about a foot out of this one and then have it continue east. How many years has it been since the Tuscobia has been fully groomed from one end to the other for 3 months?

Honestly, in our 5 years of living here, the issue with Tuscobia really hasn't been snow...it's the lack of consistent grooming. It SHOULD be treated as one of the top converted RR grade trails in the state. But IMO, from a grooming standpoint, it's one of the worst, if not THE worst, RR grade trail I've been on.

Attak man

I will take what we get...but I hope the cold weather this week solidified the lake ice (hopefully we are at 6-8 if not more)....cause the snow is gonna insulate it...same goes for the swamps...we should be able and get out and pack trails and swamps this week...but...not sure what I'm gonna run into...those swamps were really full this fall...I'm always nervous out packing trails...especially on the swamps..so hopefully this cold snap did the trick.

G

G

Honestly, in our 5 years of living here, the issue with Tuscobia really hasn't been snow...it's the lack of consistent grooming. It SHOULD be treated as one of the top converted RR grade trails in the state. But IMO, from a grooming standpoint, it's one of the worst, if not THE worst, RR grade trail I've been on.

Never been west of Winter on the Tuscobia but the part from Park Falls to Winter has always been good for the last few years. It does seem to get a lot of traffic though as do most corridors. I have also been on the Tri County Corridor when it is basically unridable. That one gets beat down right to the dirt just because of the traffic.

groomerdriver

Never been west of Winter on the Tuscobia but the part from Park Falls to Winter has always been good for the last few years. It does seem to get a lot of traffic though as do most corridors. I have also been on the Tri County Corridor when it is basically unridable. That one gets beat down right to the dirt just because of the traffic.

Jeez....it's when you hit them I guess! I've never been on the TCC when it's been moguled up. The Tusky.....mogul city lots of times.

D

Deleted member 10829

Yep, the snow coming down here now has very little moisture in it, it's lighter than cotton. I hope the main feature later has some moisture in it!

POLARISDAN

I can't remember the last time that almost the entire State of Wisconsin was under a Winter Storm Warning! The storm sure looks impressive on the satellite views!

First a 3 day Keeweenaw Blizzard now this? WOW...the switch sure flipped fast!! :)

where are the doomsday doves now?

- - - Updated - - -

Ill believe it when I see it....

oh,, there he is!!!!!hahahahhahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

yea good point..last year in the kee was rough

zltim

In the last 5 ears it has been way better then it was when I first rode here in the 90's. It was always non stop mogels plus we has leaf spring fronts and 3" of rear travel. In the last 10 years it has been much better especially on the Rice Lake end. The ride home from the Wagon Wheel was always awful.

whitedust

Ill believe it when I see it....

I hear ya Slim I talked to peeps in IL, Southern WI, Wausau and Vilas no one has more than 2 inches so far. Looks good on radar but just not producing much snow. Still time to bloom but may get more in Phelps from LES than this pooper so far.:disgust:

timo

I hear ya Slim I talked to peeps in IL, Southern WI, Wausau and Vilas no one has more than 2 inches so far. Looks good on radar but just not producing much snow. Still time to bloom but may get more in Phelps from LES than this pooper so far.:disgust:

Here in SE wis we r in the 10-12 range. Been snowing for 4 hours and got prolly 2 inches. I guess if it snows all night and half tomorrow that will make about a foot. Real fine snow. Not the white out conditions I was hoping for, but to b able to take a rip on the trails here b4 xmas is gravy.