TKI Belt Drive conversion

elf

So I'm not sure if anybody on this board has done this but I decided to install one of these belt drive kits on my 2021 SKS. For those not familiar with it what it does is remove the chain case, gears, and the chain and replaces them with pulleys and a belt. Pretty simple install other than one $@#$%^ button head torx stripping out. Just gotta throw the battery and muffler back in and it'll be done.
It does save about 2.1 lbs of rotating mass so that should make a big difference for acceleration, I also geared it down a bit so I'm excited to get it out on the snow.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    730.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    439.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    411.5 KB · Views: 64

elf

what kind of sled is that and im assuming no reverse with the belt
Its a 2021 Polaris 850 SKS. It has reverse, all new sleds have the PERC reverse which is just the engine spins backwards instead of the old gear style reverse options.

snomoman

Looks and sounds like a great idea, I’m curious as to your input on the difference you feel with the new parts

elf

Looks and sounds like a great idea, I’m curious as to your input on the difference you feel with the new parts
Me too! I wish I could run two sleds side by side and compare the difference but I'll have to rely on my shaky memory to compare. People that have done it though say they really notice it and like it.