Today Is Opening Day For MI

indy_500

Not in the western, central, or the Kee. Heard the far eastern part of the UP might be close to rideable, but not great.

mezz

Not even close here, It doesn't look like we will have any meaningful snows for a while yet. I just may have to take a ride in the side x side this week-end to check out the revamped trail now that firearm deer season is over. It's been 5 years in the making & I am curious to see all the repaired damage. I just hope that once the trail can actually be used by sleds that we don't get inundated with trail jockeys sporting cans & brapping down the trail. That I did not miss at all.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Define rideable? I'm in Twin Lakes right now, and if I had a short track short lug sled, I'd go for a rip, just to scratch the itch, but I wouldn't drive a long ways to do it.

whitedust

Define rideable? I'm in Twin Lakes right now, and if I had a short track short lug sled, I'd go for a rip, just to scratch the itch, but I wouldn't drive a long ways to do it.
Rideable to me is normal UP conditions at Xmas. Not looking for carbide and hyfax burner conditions but the inquiry was intended to see where the snow fell and locate hope for future sledding in Big Snow area. I didn’t expect much but never know where a deep pocket of LES might have fallen. Here’s hoping the lake guns get going soon!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rideable to me is normal UP conditions at Xmas. Not looking for carbide and hyfax burner conditions but the inquiry was intended to see where the snow fell and locate hope for future sledding in Big Snow area. I didn’t expect much but never know where a deep pocket of LES might have fallen. Here’s hoping the lake guns get going soon!
Me too! Lol

goofy600

Took a ride the Bergland today and saw a few tracks along the ditch and up trail 1 (west side of lake). So as Skylar said old beater sled that area could be ridden kinda. As for Watersmeet it has settled to about an inch or two. Lakes are freezing up Cisco have been frozen for about a week and Thousand Island Lake I believe just iced over. And saw a crazy person ice fishing in Lake Gogebic today on far south end.