snoluver1

Olaf and Doospunk shredding the gnar!

IMG_0464_zpsbd9283b6.jpg

IMG_0794_zps733f581b.jpg

The Breeze, spooling up the turbo!

IMG_0495_zpsa3eac8b7.jpg

IMG_0766_zps9d8af087.jpg

polarisrider1

Just got home from Togwotee and on a "Real" computer (not a phone). Very nice pics.
It has just hit me that the season is pretty much done for me. When I was out there we tested our Avy probes and had still 8-10 feet on the ground.

skiroule

STUPID is probably an understatement! Like I said when I saw them yesterday, that snow is insane! Can't believe the difference in the snow from late Jan.

These are definitely "frame-worthy" and would look great hanging in the man cave.

polarisrider1

It's the new Twin Lakes.:)
Much better. Not even comparable. I suspect your posting humor. Huge amount of Minnesota guys love Tog. 16 hours west for most of them. Said it is 30 hours for me. You lucky guys on the west side of lake Michigan.

- - - Updated - - -

March riding at Togwotee is always prime. You got base, variety of snow at various altitudes and temps. Fresh pow still happens, temps are warmer and days are longer with better chances of blue skies. 8 of my 9 trips to Tog. have been in March.

snoluver1

Lol! It was like a John Dee convention out there! Maybe we should make it official for next year? We could call it "The Broke Back Jamboree "! ;)

willey

Lol! It was like a John Dee convention out there! Maybe we should make it official for next year? We could call it "The Broke Back Jamboree "! ;)

I think that would be sweet! Snowest puts together a forum ride each year. Why couldn't we! I'd love to ride with a bunch of different guys out there. It would be an undertaking but maybe we could get a decent group rate.

skiroule

I think you guys might be onto something. Could be a great way to introduce mountain riding to some that don't have an established mountain riding group and still give the big dogs plenty of room to run. I'll stay tuned.

willey

I think you guys might be onto something. Could be a great way to introduce mountain riding to some that don't have an established mountain riding group and still give the big dogs plenty of room to run. I'll stay tuned.

We would have to gage interest and look at dates that make sense. I personally would love to ride with some new people! Should we put out some feelers?

skiroule

I would say definitely keep it on the burner in the coming months and see what people’s thoughts are with regard to trips as the year unfolds. If nothing else, it would be nice to know if people were planning to be in the area in case that creates opportunities to ride with some new people. If this year were to repeat, the hills will be crawling with JD’ers throughout the winter and especially in March. It's silly that we don't get together while we're out there.

By the way, I've photoshopped myself into a bunch of these photos for my home album. I hope the guys don't mind.

You guys are killing me. Been to tog once a year since March '07. Didn't go this year and its deep powder for 6+ weeks in a row in feb/march.

snoluver1

Nice pics. Can't believe I didn't see this thread till now. Good times for sure!

Checking out the guest shots in the middle of June? Somebody must be itching already! Lol. It was a great trip for sure!

I probably should have mentioned in the original post, all those pics were courtesy of "The Breeze" and his mad camera skills!