Togwotee Pass early March 2010

Here’s our early March 2010 trip to Togwotee Mountain Pass! Went out with my brother Bill and our two friends Brian and Matt. Stayed at Togwotee Mountain Lodge. We were guided by both Brent and Carter, both of which I’d recommend highly. A special thanks to Carter for your expert teaching from our whole group of four flatlanders! We also had a chance to meet and ride with JD.com rider Pat (Firecatguy) and his friends Robbie and Red, awesome guys to hang out with and excellent riders as well. All in all we didn’t have any major mishaps or issues on the trip, but had plenty of learning opportunities and stucks! Even with lower than normal snow conditions, we still found plenty of play areas that were untouched, bottomless-deep and ready to be tore the ever living snot out of! The carving, the sidehilling, the climbs and the drops were breathtaking for this WI boy. We will definitely return, just wish I could this April…<o></o>
<o></o>
On a side note, when you want more pictures of the action, find a spot on your person or sled that’ll afford you faster access to your camera…der. I didn’t and hence many of the shots here are only from stuck stops and such. Oh and I have got to get a POV camera for next time…. see Pat and Robbie’s helmet cams... very sweet.

Morning of our arrival, just out of Dubois, WY
P1040640.JPG

First stuck, lucky Brian!... the willow fields were bottomless holes at times
P1040661.JPG

Carter showing us how it's done...
P1040691.JPG

Break time...
P1040708.JPG

This pic doesn't do justice to steepness of this hill
P1040716.JPG

P1040723.JPG

Pat in a bottomless spot.
P1040729.JPG

Bill loving life...
P1040731.JPG

On top of a good hill climb...
P1040747.JPG

Brian and Matt hanging out.
P3100074.JPG

Matt after helping w/ my stuck.
P1040752.JPG

A climb up a fun "little" hill w/ a yard sale halfway up... again pic doesn't do the steep justice.
P1040766.JPG

Our favorite hillclimb with our highmarks to boot!
P1040770.JPG

Bill on another highmark...
P1040774.JPG

That hill was another big one.
P1040773.JPG

Last edited:

Firecatguy

nice..We had A blast riding with you guys!!!i hear ya on the camera thing but even if you have fast access to the cam you still only end up with stuck pics as its the only time you have to pull it out...LOL great times...great times.

i going to be going thru the helmet cam and HD cam stuff here soon!!

boomer

Thanks for posting those great pics Paul. Good to see that you and Bill and the rest of your gang had some great riding conditions. You're right about how pictures can never seem to do justice in showing just how steep some of those hills can be.

We'll have to stay in touch and hopefully Chuck and I can make it up to Mohawk again the same weekend as your group again next winter. I'm sure that he'd like to hear about your Tog experience. Who knows, maybe he'll share some more of his stories with us.

Do you have any more pictures to post, and care to elaborate any further on the "yard sale" that you mentioned in the one pic?

Don

Firecatguy

Great pics Paul! Awesome!

Pat, how is the wrist?

it was good! got out there early enuff to ride cpl hrs!! then took Tylenol....never felt another thing.....

Hey Paul.... I had too when i seen that i thought of ya...

Last edited:

doospunk

Great pics Tech! Wish I could have made it out there this spring, but just wasn't in the cards. Looks like you guys had a great time, and found plenty of snow!! Nice ride btw!! :D

Thanks everyone! Boomer, yeah the yard sale, we had two young guys (Luke and Ryan?) from Chi-town riding with us on our last day and we had a bit of a challange with 'em on that shute... damn near rolled two rentals "in a bad way". We have tons more pics!
fireman35, We got 3" @ 9600 ft. one day which was close to a 7-10" up higher. I think we got one more small snow fall as well... But not any huge dumpings. :( OH well, theres next year!

revved

Very nice pics, looks like a good time, makes me jealous, now I wish I hadn't logged on here again......just kidding