Tomahawk Area Update 1-7-16

Attak man

Unfortunately nothing new to report....thin ice on area lakes, and thin snow cover (3-5 inches)....the Hiawatha (railroad grade) from Sara Park, north to Oneida County is open to allow folks to connect with the Oneida County trails...so you can stay in town, get gas or food etc..and ride north to Oneida County...Oneida County trails are in fair to poor condition with many wet spots, and variable snow conditions...Lincoln County Trails (From Tomahawk to the South and East) remain closed...THUS MY SLED REMAINS PARKED :(

Lakes in the northwoods remain unsafe at this time.....we are making ice..but slowly...with the cold weather coming for next week that could change...but right now...DON'T DO IT....We also have snow in the forecast....I will update this as we receive accumulating snow, and update ice conditions when the clubs mark the lakes...right now, we continue in our holding pattern...as the winter from **** continues.

whitedust

Yeah I'm parked too....no plans to ride until we get at least a 4 inch accumulation. No lakes in ER or Phelps marked.....when that will happen is unknown

sledder01

Its TERRIBLE all over N.WI.. Even with possibly some snow coming---the lakes are another Issue... I think best bet would be ,maybe 3rd week of the month before a good Ice and Base is built up---WOW---been a tough year so far---BUT IT HAS TO GET BETTER--RIGHT ??