Tomahawk/Lincoln County

Swampy

The Northern area of Lincoln County(zone 1) is set to open Saturday January 16th at 8:00 am except for a section of the 19 corridor from hwy 86 South. Crews will try to go through that area on Saturday to check things out. Just like anywhere in the area, this is early season riding with a lot of areas not being groomed until swamps freeze more. We are getting in where we can but need more snow. Lakes are being marked with good ice in most areas. There's a lot of moving water out there so please stay on marked trails and obey all signs. Thanks and spread out to help get things frozen.

sledin5

Just wanted to ask if you could ride from Lake Nokomis and head north this weekend? Looking at Fuzzys report they are going to start grooming. Wanted to drive up and ride this area if it was at least fair in most areas. Your thoughts Attak Man?

Attak man

Just wanted to ask if you could ride from Lake Nokomis and head north this weekend? Looking at Fuzzys report they are going to start grooming. Wanted to drive up and ride this area if it was at least fair in most areas. Your thoughts Attak Man?

It's marginal...but ride able...fair to poor condition...snow base is from 4-7 inches...no word on lake alice yet.

schu2871

What is fuzzy's?

jr37

It's a bar north of Lake Nokomis, on Swamp Lake if I remember right. Fuzzy is a huge snowmobile supporter.

Attak man

Just an FYI... Fuzzy is northern trails unlimited in Oneida County (north of the tomahawk area)....NOT Lincoln, Tomahawk (Knight Owls, Northwoods Passage)

Swampy

Went out in the groomer today to take the tops of the bumps off the areas that we haven't been able to get into yet and was pleasantly surprised that the swamps are freezing up nicely. I pushed the ice down in a couple spots so that should freeze by tomorrow. Had to drop the drag and go through a couple areas without it, just in case. Made it through and noticed that I was leaking some coolant so topped it off and limped it back to the garage in Nokomis. So there's a drag sitting out in the middle of nowhere. I don't think anyone's gonna come along and take it though. Getting a little smoother so when the snow comes it won't be so bad to keep them smooth.

phil4snow

Rode this area this past weekend. Very good considering early season conditions. Little thin around Tomahawk but definitely ride-able. Best conditions were around Willow Lake/ pike lake/ squirrel lake (which wasn't marked Saturday) Report we heard was it wasn't marked yet because spots were 3''. That area seemed to have twice as much snow as Tomahawk. Camp 9/ Scotchman Lake rd/ Manhardt rd/ Kelly Fire Lane all great.

momoney2123

Rode this area this past weekend. Very good considering early season conditions. Little thin around Tomahawk but definitely ride-able. Best conditions were around Willow Lake/ pike lake/ squirrel lake (which wasn't marked Saturday) Report we heard was it wasn't marked yet because spots were 3''. That area seemed to have twice as much snow as Tomahawk. Camp 9/ Scotchman Lake rd/ Manhardt rd/ Kelly Fire Lane all great.

X2 Shhhh lol

srt20

Just an FYI... Fuzzy is northern trails unlimited in Oneida County (north of the tomahawk area)....NOT Lincoln, Tomahawk (Knight Owls, Northwoods Passage)

OH. I was under the impression Fuzzy is Swampy on here and in this thread.