Tomahawk/Northwoods update 3/1

Attak man

After warm weather hit the trails hard we received 4-5 inches of snow here in the Tomahawk area on Sunday...the good wet stuff...they got even more further to the north,,, 7 to 8 inches near Lac du flambeau, and 10 Plus near Mercer...I rode in this morning, and even the railroad grade was fair to good...trails are in pretty good shape right now...current temp is 6 above zero so the trails are really nice right now.....HOWEVER...we have another batch of unusually warm weather coming this week...with direct sunshine, and temps in the low to mid 40'starting Wednesday....I doubt the railroad grade will hold up past Wednesday...that being said some of the wooded trails should hold up into the weekend...but it's going to be extremely warm, and with rain in the forecast for early next week....I can hear the fat lady warming up. If you can ride the next 3 days...get out and do it...after that??? I guess we'll see. I will update this later in the week, but the forecast is not in our favor. Again...more snow to the north of Tomahawk..but right now trails are decent...Fair to Good just about every direction.

Attak man

She's fading fast...direct sunshine, and warm weather the next couple of days....Railroad grade already deteriorating...Gonna park my sled for now...with rain and 50 degree weather forecast for early next week...she will be done. What a crappy snowmobile season...We never really got a good base on the trails. Worst mileage year I have had in 10 years....600miles...thats it.

wirev

She's fading fast...direct sunshine, and warm weather the next couple of days....Railroad grade already deteriorating...Gonna park my sled for now...with rain and 50 degree weather forecast for early next week...she will be done. What a crappy snowmobile season...We never really got a good base on the trails. Worst mileage year I have had in 10 years....600miles...thats it.

You were lucky, 132 miles for me and that included 2 miles at the Derby!

timo

awful season for north woods.
have a buddy with a place in Langlade Co. Never made it up there.
I don't even know if they opened their trails this year.

longtrack

Sunday Harrison and Parrish Trails were great. A couple warm Days and they will be shot.

The Parrish Trails were the best Trails I rode on all Winter.

ferbm

I just rode Manitowish Waters, Boulder Junction, Presque Isle, Mercer on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was horrific! More mud, sticks, and stones than snow. The 8-10 on Sunday was fantastic! Some of the best riding all year, but I think you had to be there to enjoy it as it happened. With all the water and mud on the trail, there are a lot of spots with basically zero base. By Monday noon on our way home, the puddles and sun were already burning through. I agree that by now, it's likely shot!

awful season for north woods.
have a buddy with a place in Langlade Co. Never made it up there.
I don't even know if they opened their trails this year.

Actually, Langlade Co was fantastic, even last weekend. They did it right and had panned and began grooming as soon as they could have prior to trails actually opening. They have now closed, however. I only got to ride up there once, but normally would have a few times. Friends got at least 3 weekends up there and always had good trails. Yup, season was short. I cannot complain, however. Sooner or later you get a bad 1 or 2. About half the miles of normal for me (although I went quite a few times and just didn't put on as many.)