Tomahawk UPDATE 12/31/15

Attak man

With Oneida County trails opening Saturday....it sounds like the Northwoods Passage is going to open the Hiawatha trail (railroad grade) from Sara Park to the north, so folks in town can get trail access....I will let swampy give you the official details on this.

I just wanted to let you know that from the Tomahawk area to the South and East is still closed...Knight Owls Trails, (Irma, Rock Falls, Skanawan, and Harrison Hills areas)

There is only a 5 to 7 inch base...swamps are not froze, and LAKES ARE NOT SAFE!!!!!

More cold and snow is needed...and unfortunately.. there really isn't any good news in the forecast for the next 7 days.

So for most of us...the winter from **** continues...Isn't it great that we all had to buy a $50 dollar trail pass this year??...LOL

Sorry I don't have anything better to tell you. My sled is parked until we get more snow (and cold)..I'm heading to a concert with the wife tonight to ring in the new year...since I can't ride..I might as well rock out!! ;)
HAPPY NEW YEAR, and think SNOW!!!! (and cold)

Swampy

Oneida County is opening Saturday at 8:00 am along with the Hiawatha from Sara Park North. As Attak man said, everything else around Tomahawk is still closed. The Hodags in Rhinelander and the trails in Three Lakes will NOT be opening at this time. Someone else might be able to fill you in with more details on that.
We had a couple sleds out looking at the swamps towards Rhinelander and they said the swamps will be ok for sled traffic so we can get them packed and freezing. Also had a couple go out the 86 grade West of Tomahawk and North on the 19 corridor (both will still be closed though). Everything was passable with sled. That's good news anyway.
As Attak man said... LAKES ARE NOT SAFE!!!! STAY OFF!!!! We've had reports of at least 3 sleds going through the ice just TODAY!! Obey all trail closed signs. they are there for a reason. Stay on marked trails. Thanks and have a Happy New Year.