Tomahawk update 2-15-23

hybrid

people in the bars complaining about overheating there sleds here in northern price county lol
we had a inch of rain a couple days ago everything frozen like a rock now
it always amazes me what conditions people will ride n
bring up ur ice skates u prolly have more fun
to each is own i guess

ridindirty800

I could never understand why people ride trash and wreck their sleds seems senseless to me. Do something else anything or trailer to where you can find snow for a brief spin if you must.
If I can keep my sled cool and trails are open I will ride. Carbides and hifax are easy to replace and cheap. Can’t really do any other damage to sled IMO. My sled and been through years of spring riding, good snow, mud, water, bare roads all part or March/April riding and if you saw it you would think the sled never left garage. And lots of Southern Wi miles and you know what that’s like.

attakman

Like I said...people can do what they want...trails are open...(even though we advised people not to ride)...its extremely hard and icy out there...some of the corners are flat out danerous...the lakes have ZERO lube...but im done arguing with people...just come buy your slides and carbines from me....lol...my sled is staying parked until we get more snow.

hermie

Attakman how much snow do you think it would take to make it some what decent? Do you think 6" would do it?

rph130

Like I said...people can do what they want...trails are open...(even though we advised people not to ride)...its extremely hard and icy out there...some of the corners are flat out danerous...the lakes have ZERO lube...but im done arguing with people...just come buy your slides and carbines from me....lol...my sled is staying parked until we get more snow.
You should expand and sell motors in Presque Isle. Saw a group of riders at the gas station today with the sled hood open and smoke pouring from it. Didn't want to stick my nose where it did not belong but a wise guess is that riding on ice trails and pavement didn't do very well for the engine to cool, scratchers or not.

attakman

Attakman how much snow do you think it would take to make it some what decent? Do you think 6" would do it?
I think 3 to 6 would make them rideable again....and 6 plus or more would extend our season another two weeks at least...provided we have no multiple 40 degree days with rain

hermie

Ok thank you attakman. I always appreciate your honest reports. I am always checking for your updates usually Saint Germain has more snow than you get but between you and Pclark I can get a good idea of how things are in Saint Germain.

pclark

I agree with Attackman but think we need 6"+, We got back this afternoon and things looked pretty sad from Tomahawk through Minocqua, and all the way home to MW. Those were views from the truck as we came north, the woods trails I think are still good but it's hard pack ice snow. Sun burning southern exposure like it should in February. Like RPH130 noted sleds are going to overheat in these conditions. I'm parked until some lube snow falls, looks good for this week according to a lot of forecasts.
Town roads are hard packed ice, brutal to drive on with a car, have to suck on a sled....
Trails sucked where we were this week!
1676853828990.png

rph130

I agree with Attackman but think we need 6"+, We got back this afternoon and things looked pretty sad from Tomahawk through Minocqua, and all the way home to MW. Those were views from the truck as we came north, the woods trails I think are still good but it's hard pack ice snow. Sun burning southern exposure like it should in February. Like RPH130 noted sleds are going to overheat in these conditions. I'm parked until some lube snow falls, looks good for this week according to a lot of forecasts.
Town roads are hard packed ice, brutal to drive on with a car, have to suck on a sled....
Trails sucked where we were this week!
View attachment 68033
You picked a heck of a time pclark to ditch the snow...or lack of, and hit the sand.

attakman

Btw...is been snowing on and off since noon...just over two inches here, and a little over 3 inches at my moms near flambeau