Tomahawk Update 2-22-23

attakman

Since Monday (wave one, and wave two of the snows)...we've received around 4 inches of snow...enough to add some lube to the lakes and whiten things up....it's been cold too...this morning was 12 above at my house.....trails are rideable once again...but watch for some ice in the corners...we have a decent ice base. How good the trail conditions will be...will depend on how much snow we get tonight into tomorrow...still calling for significant accumulations, with blowing and drifting.....so it's a waiting game....with the cold air behind this storm, once the snow stops, the clubs should be able to get out and pack trails, and they should set up nicely with the ice base and the fresh snow....we'll see who gets the bigger snow amounts.....right now that heavier band (according to local weather guys)...will set up just south of Tomahawk..in a rainbow like arch from Lacrosse to Eau Claire, to Merrill/ Wausau, and Antigo...but they still don't have a good handle on the exact track....either way...6 plus will do wonders here, and the trails should be really good by the weekend. ..I'll post pictures, and updates tomorrow morning.

attakman

And so it begins...snowing heavily right now...my car is covered, roads are covered...and it just started 10 minutes ago

Attakman this is great news especially if wood county doesn't open at least, we know we will be riding this weekend! thank you

attakman

1045 PM....4.5..still snowing....we'll see what we have in the morning...nws is saying heavier bands will push back over northern Wisconsin between 6 and 9 am tomorrow

attakman

5.5 to 6 inches at 615 am...and a lull in the action...supposed to start back up and get heavy at times through noon...we'll see...far from the killer storm predicted...but meaningful snows non the less that will definitely make the trails nice

attakman

Snowing heavily again ...expecting another 3 to 5 through the noon hour....as I suspected yesterday....the heavier snow bands set up just south of the northwoods...a swath from just south of Eau Claire, Merrill to Wausau, and east, and just north of St Point (the heavier swath kind rainbows along and south of the Highway 29 Corridor)...anywhere from 7 to 14 inches overnight there (10.5 in Wausau)...in the northwoods totals ranged from 6 to 9 inches (Harrison reporting 9)...my house had close to 6....Rhinelander also had just over 6.... a little less to the north...however as I said it's snowing heavily again....and this time areas further north will get the heavier bands...so it's not done yet.....BTW rode the sled into work...the clubs are out and panning..the Hiawatha was groomed this morning , and is nice, flat and smooth....a few rocks pinging off the skis here and there...and some ice underneath....but otherwise decent ....WATCH the corners....very icy in some corners (under the snow)...take it cool, and you will be fine...also watch the lakes, you can't see hidden humps and bumps with the fresh snow

attakman

Already another 2-3 inches at the shop since the guys plowed at 7:30 am...we are approaching 9 to 10 here in the Tomahawk area, and still snowing

attakman

two more inches of fluff friday night into saturday...that makes our weekly total 17 inches since monday...with potential for more measurable snow Monday (with some sleet and freezing rain)

whitedust

two more inches of fluff friday night into saturday...that makes our weekly total 17 inches since monday...with potential for more measurable snow Monday (with some sleet and freezing rain)
Weather flirting with disaster again March Solar angles are bad enough on their own. I’m disappointed but it is what it is. 🤷‍♂️