Tomahawk Update 2-22-23

rph130

I rode Adams Co early friday morning...Everything south of Hwy 82 was groomed perfect all the way to the Columbia Co line just Northeast of the Dells...Then rode from there up to Arkdale via Grand Marsh...Adams...ungroomed but nice shape 7 out of 10...129 miles for the day...Rode Marquette Co early Sunday morning...Rough in spots till I crossed the Adams-Marquette county line...Adams was perfectly groomed all the way to Adams/Friendship and then back down thru White creek...Easton...Brooks...Back to Oxford...Finished with another 94 miles....
Saw riders out in Westfield on my way back to Chicago from the Northwoods on Sunday. Been a long time since I saw people out on those trails. First trail rides for me in that area back in the early/mid 70s.

SHOOT2KILL

Saw riders out in Westfield on my way back to Chicago from the Northwoods on Sunday. Been a long time since I saw people out on those trails. First trail rides for me in that area back in the early/mid 70s.
Marquette Co never opened last season...This year they were open maybe 4-5 days...

so far.....not much...inch or two and lightly snowing....looking more and more like an over blown forecast...the good thing is there really wasn't much rain/freezing rain up here....a bit of sleet....but mostly snow.....roads suck, and it's wet out there, but no melt down, and added a bit more snow so far
We picked up 4 inches in Rhinelander yesterday, I didn't see any freezing rain, it was all snow.

wisco-mb

Marquette Co never opened last season...This year they were open maybe 4-5 days...
Correct. We had maybe 20" of snow the entire season last year.

This year was 3 days of very marginal conditions about 3 weeks ago, and 4 days this last weekend. Better then last year.... We should have opened in December, but holiday hunt prohibited that. Which is another huge issue.

I run travelwi updates for Marquette county, website admin, and Marquette county awsc director.

SHOOT2KILL

Correct. We had maybe 20" of snow the entire season last year.
Adams actually opened last season for 2 days...Every club jumped on it and did their grooming to make some $$$$...Although 1 club never sent the groomer out because the 3 guys that take turns grooming were all up north riding together when the county opened...lol...It was nice riding for 48 hrs...lol

SHOOT2KILL

I run travelwi updates for Marquette county, website admin, and Marquette county awsc director.
Curious if you know why the people in charge of the opening of the trails in Columbia Co did what they did...They Kept all the trails west of 39/51 CLOSED...But they opened the trails east of 39/51...There was plenty of snow when I got to the Adams/Columbia county line just N.E. of the Dells On friday a.m....

wisco-mb

Curious if you know why the people in charge of the opening of the trails in Columbia Co did what they did...They Kept all the trails west of 39/51 CLOSED...But they opened the trails east of 39/51...There was plenty of snow when I got to the Adams/Columbia county line just N.E. of the Dells On friday a.m....
Columbia county needs to split into zones to make it easier!
It was worded poorly. I had to read it multiple times for it to "somewhat" make sense. Basically everything north of B was open, including the trails west of I39, going up to the Marquette county line. I think that Lewiston trail was open, but it just dead ends. I know they are opening a new trail that connects that Lewiston trail, to Triple Play bar. I believe that will connect to Highway X, just north of Portage. My neighbor is actually part of getting the trail setup.