Tomahawk update 2-23-15

Attak man

We got a little snow last week...the dry fluffy stuff...but none the less snow (4-5 inches)..combined with the cold weather....the trails have improved..saturday morning they were really nice....GOOD to Excellent, south and east of Tomahawk (Down to Irma, and east to Harrison)....once you get outside of town, and into the wooded areas...they are very good....there are still a few thin spots in the heavy pine forest areas, and watch for a bit of ice in the corners....the Hiawatha (main railroad grade) is snirty through town...it gets better once you get north of Lake Nokomis. I also got a report of very good riding out to the Somo area...and out to Timm's hill...though it does get a bit thinner as you head further west or south.(there is also less traffic that direction)....I also got good reports to the north and west from Lake Nokomis to the Pier Willow region ( a few rough spots, and a few thin spots...but other wise good).

With the cold weather continuing this week, and a few chances of a bit of light snow...trails should be pretty good for next weekend.

catalac

We got a little snow last week...the dry fluffy stuff...but none the less snow (4-5 inches)..combined with the cold weather....the trails have improved..saturday morning they were really nice....GOOD to Excellent, south and east of Tomahawk (Down to Irma, and east to Harrison)....once you get outside of town, and into the wooded areas...they are very good....there are still a few thin spots in the heavy pine forest areas, and watch for a bit of ice in the corners....the Hiawatha (main railroad grade) is snirty through town...it gets better once you get north of Lake Nokomis. I also got a report of very good riding out to the Somo area...and out to Timm's hill...though it does get a bit thinner as you head further west or south.(there is also less traffic that direction)....I also got good reports to the north and west from Lake Nokomis to the Pier Willow region ( a few rough spots, and a few thin spots...but other wise good).

With the cold weather continuing this week, and a few chances of a bit of light snow...trails should be pretty good for next weekend.
Thanks for the update Attak!

Longlegs

Anything good to say about the trails? I'm hoping for some snow, but if not, are the trails going to be beat?

Rode just north of the Nokomis area and west to the Willow Reservoir area on Sunday. Trails were good, and any new snow will only help make them better.

Longlegs

Rode just north of the Nokomis area and west to the Willow Reservoir area on Sunday. Trails were good, and any new snow will only help make them better.

Thanks for the update. I just read a 19 y.o. girl from your town just died in crash in St.Germain Saturday. Prayers for that family

Attak man

So far only a dusting...storm is a flop at this point.....if we get 2-3 inches the trails should be real nice for the weekend...but it's expected to be in the30s saturday and sunday...with a warm up next week...better ride while you can.

Attak man

Update.....as of 1PM around an 1 1/2 to 2 inches of snow in Tomahawk...and starting to lighten up...kind of a bust so far...yes we got some fresh snow, and it will help...but it's not the expected 3-5...at least so far :(

Attak man

Yep...it looks like spring is coming next week...ride while you can....still lightly snowing here....(on and off)....around 2 inches here....thats it

snowshoe

Still good riding left to be had. Harrison Hills and all the Knight Owl trails were awesome! Great job guys! 17 back to Tomahawk was getting beat pretty bad from the sun. Hiawatha it's toast not surprisingly. Get up early and enjoy the last ride. IMAG1908.jpg IMAG1912.jpg IMAG1916.jpg IMAG1913.jpg

Last edited:

longtrack

We have quit grooming in southern Lincoln County and word is all of Lincoln County will be done grooming this weekend. Expect Trails to close this week.

longtrack

We have quit grooming in southern Lincoln County and word is all of Lincoln County will be done grooming this weekend. Expect Trails to close this week.

Southern Lincoln County will close tonight, Monday 3/9 at 8pm. Its been a good season. They must be keeping northern Lincoln County around Tomahawk open for now. There is no Snow left on the Trails around Tomahawk so they must be doing a Snow Dance up there.