Tomahawk update 2/9

Attak man

Its lightly snowing as I write this ...a little over two inches so far (finally some lube for your slides)...I rode mohawksin and nokomis today...both are rough, but froze up...didnt see any slush..the fresh snow is helping the lakes..however u cant see the rough frozen slush...so dont go pinning it across the lakes...you'll hurt yourself...take it easy, and slow. The snow is winding down...should be tending in the next hour or so.
Looks like we will end up with 2 to 3 inches from Merrill north...less north (minocqua, and eagle river)...more to the south (wausau)

The snow today has definitely helped the trails...but it's still icy in spots. We really needed the brunt of the storm to shift north...but it didnt. We'll take what we can get.

Attak man

Update...Snow Totals...2-3 Tomahawk area, 2 Rhinelander, Irma 4, 5.5 Merrill...BTW it was 12 below zero this morning in Irma

thugboy

trails were great in tomahawk area this past weekend low traffic smooth flat conditions no overheating at all if you stay of the pavement

Swampy

Trails around Tomahawk are in Good to Excellent condition. We've been able to groom some swamps that we haven't been able to cross because
of wet conditions. There are still a few spots that may not get groomed this year. I have one spot like this that I back in about 300 yards and groom out.
So at least we're trying. Things seem to be tightening up as we get to the middle of February. Actually it's not that different from other years if you can believe that. We might have been able to cross some of these swamps a little earlier in past years but not by much. Looks like we have a little warm up
coming late next week but this has happened before too. It'll be Fine... I hope!! No, It'll be Fine.
Make sure you patronize some of our business members and get your Sled Raffle tickets!! Drawing to be held at Somo Beach on February 29th

Ride Safe
Ride Right

Attak man

Chili contest, and raffle at Maday's Fishtrap starting at NOON today to benefit, Northwoods Passage...it's all you can eat chili...plus hotdogs, and kids can make smores, and roast marshmallows over the bonfire...stop out for some FUN, and support the Northwoods Passage Snowmobile Club!!!