Tomahawk update 3-14-23

indy_500

Glad you found some great conditions, we received 2" overnight in MW area so I think trails are back in good shape. It's also 19 degrees out this morning.
Majority of forecasted snow is supposed to come tonight. Think trails will be fine from St G up towards BJ? Obviously I can wait till I get up there to make my decision, but was thinking of waking up tomorrow and trailering another half hour to Mercer.

pclark

Majority of forecasted snow is supposed to come tonight. Think trails will be fine from St G up towards BJ? Obviously I can wait till I get up there to make my decision, but was thinking of waking up tomorrow and trailering another half hour to Mercer.
I won't be out on the trails but with 2" of fresh snow I would think they would be OK, once back in the woods those trails had a lot of snow to work with and some great base, the farther northwest you go the better chance you will have for higher snowfall totals. 4-5" tonight for NW Vilas County and 27 degrees Friday, 20 for a high on Saturday so it should stick around until early next week.

92 coupe

Any word on how tomahawk fared? Bein about 4hrs for me and leaving after work didn't wanna go much further than that. My 13 yo really wants to go one more time.

indy_500

Any word on how tomahawk fared? Bein about 4hrs for me and leaving after work didn't wanna go much further than that. My 13 yo really wants to go one more time.
I read a not so detailed report on book face that someone was riding north out of tomahawk and said it was ok

Arrived in Tomahawk last night at 7:30. Mist turned to light snow about 9 - 9:30 pm. Received a whopping 1" of new snow overnight. Enough to turn the trails white again. Going to ride tomorrow. 19 degrees and breezy now, nobody out riding.

Agree - another 1 - 2" fell Friday night and the trails were great. Rode from Tomahawk to Lake Tomahawk to St Germain Saturday and trails were awesome. A great 100 mile ride to end the season for us. Trails Saturday were the best they've been all season by far. If you can, get out and ride today - tomorrow!

hermie

Trails are awesome....best I've seen in march in years View attachment 68206
I will have to agree with you on this. Since the rain on presidents weekend the trails have been good to excellent every weekend since. I can remember before all the social media March was one of the best kept secrets for some of the best riding of the season. This March has really been good.