Tool kits in new sleds (Polaris Axys)

sweeperguy

So I'm needing to adjust the preload on the springs of my 18 XCR.
I'm being told by 2 different sled shops that I should have gotten a tool kit with my sled with a spanner wrench to adjust the spring length of front and rear shock.
In my last 3 new sleds, (14 RMK, 18 XCR, and 19 Assault), the only tools I've gotten is a spark plug wrench and the L shaped tool that expands the secondary clutch for belt installation/ removal.
Have I been shorted tools. 3 different dealers.
I have been told that I should be able to turn the adjustment nut by hand. But seems to me it'd be pretty tough to turn by hand (not to mention the lock nut on front shocks) since there is preload on those springs as set up by Polaris. Not real keen on just cranking on it with channel lock pliers. Pretty hard to not mar the surface. I could try wrapping the lock nut and adjustment nut with tape, but have done that on other stuff and usually ends up gouging through tape and marring the surface I'm trying to protect.
My buds girl is going to be riding my XCR and she is like 100 lbs heavier than me. So that rear track shock on the articulated suspension (pro XC rear suspension) would need to be tightened to keep it from bottoming out with the extra weight. Clickers adjust the shock rebound and compression, but not the weight carrying capabilities of the platform.

So I'm needing to adjust the preload on the springs of my 18 XCR.
I'm being told by 2 different sled shops that I should have gotten a tool kit with my sled with a spanner wrench to adjust the spring length of front and rear shock.
In my last 3 new sleds, (14 RMK, 18 XCR, and 19 Assault), the only tools I've gotten is a spark plug wrench and the L shaped tool that expands the secondary clutch for belt installation/ removal.
Have I been shorted tools. 3 different dealers.
I have been told that I should be able to turn the adjustment nut by hand. But seems to me it'd be pretty tough to turn by hand (not to mention the lock nut on front shocks) since there is preload on those springs as set up by Polaris. Not real keen on just cranking on it with channel lock pliers. Pretty hard to not mar the surface. I could try wrapping the lock nut and adjustment nut with tape, but have done that on other stuff and usually ends up gouging through tape and marring the surface I'm trying to protect.
My buds girl is going to be riding my XCR and she is like 100 lbs heavier than me. So that rear track shock on the articulated suspension (pro XC rear suspension) would need to be tightened to keep it from bottoming out with the extra weight. Clickers adjust the shock rebound and compression, but not the weight carrying capabilities of the platform.

Lord have mercy, you should never talk about a woman's age or weight. You must have a death wish.

Lost Sheep

just go pick up a spanner wrench...they're not expensive.....I know the new RMK's just come w/ the tools you mentioned

jedoyle

With my wife's last sled we stopped along the trail, I got on one side of the running boards, tipped the sled slightly like you are sidehilling, & then have a second person turn the opposite front spring by hand. A two person job but pretty easy to do once you get pressure off of them. Repeat process for other side.

Last edited:

szotty

Last 6 xcrs in family no wrenches,last 2 sks no wrenches last 2 rmks no wrenches all snowchecks and no spanner wrenches for shocks so I think it’s normal not to get em