Trail 13 - Greenland to Twin Lakes

bonnevier

Last I saw one couldn't ride this trail from GL to TL due to logging.
Anyone know if the re-route has been completed yet? If not, are there still plans to have one in place?

2TrakR

As of a couple days ago, there was no re-route in place. I know the local club was working hard on finding an option and it was sounding pretty positive that it may happen "soon".

bonnevier

Thanks 2TrakR...hopefully that "soon" is in the next 10-11 days ;)
That's about the when our group will be heading through and we love that route!

rich_jelinek

We rode that trail on sat. and it was actually pretty nice, both as far as snow cover and the condition it was in. We picked it up in twin lakes and the way it is now , you ride in about 12 miles and then make about a 8 mile loop ( and go right past where it's closed off for logging )to reconnect and ride the 12 miles back out to where you started in twin lakes for about a 32 miles total ride.

But it does not connect all the way to greenland as is........................

scottiking

Richard Krupp went out on his sled on 13 to find a re route to get by the logging area!
Last Wednesday we made that loop around to make a nice little 32 mile loop to and from TL!
Richard found a detour route to open up the whole way to Greenland from Twin Lakes!
I believe it needs to be ok'd by the DNR but mainly we need snow south on that trail to make anything worth while to move forward! Nice to see Pink on JD's 5-10 day tho!
There just isn't enough snow to groom yet!
Sandy Krupp can add to this if I miss spoke anything here but I think thats about it!
we got 2.8'' last night but we really need SNOW! It's 11* above in Twin Lakes right now so the wet spots should be freezing up more and more!

Scottiking OUT

bonnevier

Richard Krupp went out on his sled on 13 to find a re route to get by the logging area!
Last Wednesday we made that loop around to make a nice little 32 mile loop to and from TL!
Richard found a detour route to open up the whole way to Greenland from Twin Lakes!
I believe it needs to be ok'd by the DNR but mainly we need snow south on that trail to make anything worth while to move forward! Nice to see Pink on JD's 5-10 day tho!
There just isn't enough snow to groom yet!
Sandy Krupp can add to this if I miss spoke anything here but I think thats about it!
we got 2.8'' last night but we really need SNOW! It's 11* above in Twin Lakes right now so the wet spots should be freezing up more and more!

Scottiking OUT

Great info Scotti! The dedication by Richard and Sandy is unreal and thanks is not enough. The forecast looks great and with those frigid temps on the way lets fire UP the LES guns!

Hope to run into you at the Bug Bar one of these years

dogflog

Year after year, the Krupps contribute so much to the trail systems in that area. Let's all remember to stop at the store, buy lots of stuff, and tell them how much we appreciate what they do.

Happy Trails, Glenn

scottiking

Thats awesome for folks to stop in the Kruppsmart store to support them but the store is not owned by Richard and Sandy anymore!
As a matter of fact Jim and Deb Saur have owned the store for about 11 years!
Also the folks of the Superior Snowmobile Club Do SO much for the sport that no one will ever know!
Its not just driving a tractor up and down the trail for fun! its all year round! Its a ton of work and they all are volunteer
Many many hours!
You should join the club if you can! I did and do what I can!
Im trying to train in on the groomer and it will prob take me quite a few lessons because my fire drive looked like I was hammered drunk! There is a lot to it!

Scottiking OUT

Year after year, the Krupps contribute so much to the trail systems in that area. Let's all remember to stop at the store, buy lots of stuff, and tell them how much we appreciate what they do.

Happy Trails, Glenn

old abe

Never enough "THANK YOU" for Sandy and Richard. They are so out going to help anyone, on anything. And the Superior snowmobile club, and everyone deserves many, many thanks!!!!!

dogflog

Thats awesome for folks to stop in the Kruppsmart store to support them but the store is not owned by Richard and Sandy anymore!
As a matter of fact Jim and Deb Saur have owned the store for about 11 years!
Also the folks of the Superior Snowmobile Club Do SO much for the sport that no one will ever know!
Its not just driving a tractor up and down the trail for fun! its all year round! Its a ton of work and they all are volunteer
Many many hours!
You should join the club if you can! I did and do what I can!
Im trying to train in on the groomer and it will prob take me quite a few lessons because my fire drive looked like I was hammered drunk! There is a lot to it!

Scottiking OUT

Well, I guess I should stay better informed. I thought that I read it was for sale in the past couple of years and made the wrong assumption. However, kudos to Richard and Sandy anyway for all that they do for us.

Happy Trails, Glenn

scottiking

The Resort is for sale and is offered by Richard and Sandy Krupp!
They sold the store 11 years ago and still own the Resort! Deb and Jim Saur own just the store for about 12 years now!
Scottiking OUT

scottiking

The Resort is for sale and is offered by Richard and Sandy Krupp! They sold the store 11 years ago and still own the Resort! Deb and Jim Saur own just the store for about 12 years now! Scottiking OUT
I meant they owned it for 11 years or so!

bonnevier

Just saw this from the Superior Snomo Club on the MSA site:

"We had a situation with part of our trail #13 loop from Greenland to Twin Lakes, due to logging operation but that has been resolved for this year-thank goodness-it is such a beautiful trail and enjoyed by everyone that rides it."

Yessssssssssss!

rich_jelinek

Just saw this from the Superior Snomo Club on the MSA site:

"We had a situation with part of our trail #13 loop from Greenland to Twin Lakes, due to logging operation but that has been resolved for this year-thank goodness-it is such a beautiful trail and enjoyed by everyone that rides it."

Yessssssssssss!

So I take it that means that the trail is continuous again from one end to the other ?

rich_jelinek

Post #4 and 5 pretty much confirm this

Well, #4 is my post stating that the trail did NOT go all the way thru, and #5 states that R Krupp found a route around the logging but it still need to be approved by the DNR to move forward with it so...................neither post confirms anything about the trail being completed all the way thru to Greenland, at least not the way I'm reading them.

snipes517

"We had a situation with part of our trail #13 loop from Greenland to Twin Lakes, due to logging operation but that has been resolved for this year-thank goodness-it is such a beautiful trail and enjoyed by everyone that rides it." just read this on the 1/8/16 grooming report from the westernupsnowshakers.com link for trail reports. Doesnt say how its been "resolved" but apparently it is.\

oops!!! just realized someone else already posted this, my BADDD!!!!!!

krupps_resort

IMPORTANT--- Trail #13 loop IS NOT open for riding yet. On MSA report we stated that the problem has been resolved with the logging company---HOWEVER, IT IS NOT OPEN for riding yet. We have ordered "Logging" signs and then that section needs to have those signs posted as well as required regular signage and the trail itself will need some working on. Hope this answers everyone. When trail #13 loop is OPEN for riding, WE WILL POST IT ON MSA AND ALSO JDEE. Thanks everyone.

sweeperguy

Well, #4 is my post stating that the trail did NOT go all the way thru, and #5 states that R Krupp found a route around the logging but it still need to be approved by the DNR to move forward with it so...................neither post confirms anything about the trail being completed all the way thru to Greenland, at least not the way I'm reading them.

Sorry about that I misread your post # 4 i was reading it as the 8 mile loop got you around the closure. Now I reread it OOPS.
BUT i thought i read somewhere that it had been resolved (MSA trail report links) but now I see that, that was not so also. SORRY.

Last edited: