trail problem-need help

POLARISDAN

need to identify the club responsible for the trail that leaves roseauu going towards alston turn..without a map i am not sure of the number..i think its 107..

anyways when you hit the road trail..the first major road has a stop sign..ive ridden this trail 100 times..but either the stop ahead is gone..or buried..or run over..but the stop sign is way to the right and u cant see it till ur on it..as studded as i am there was no stopping..it was a look left look right moment..thankfully no cars as i slid into the street..

someone is going to die here..this is big time important..cuz if i did it and i know this trail..someone not familiar is gonna go thru it and get hit..

who do i call? this needs to be addressed right away

pd

whitedust

Right train wrong track. 107 runs Kenton to Watersmeet area. The area you are referencing has to be 109,15,or 12 only trails that run thru there

durphee

PD, looks like your talking about trail 12 as it runs to trail 109, which goes North to Alston. I looked on Superior Snowmobile Club' site and it had a section of a map, assuming its their territory, that included Rouseau and a little further to the east. Here's their email....SUPERIORSNOWMOBILECLUB@GMAIL.COM. If its not theirs they can point you in the right direction.

goofy600

Maybe you could slow down and not drive lake a maniac. JK. On a serious note are you talking where Pori rd crosses forest hwy 16 and turns into s. laird rd you may need to contact the hwy department that maintains the roads to get it fixed also would hope snowmobile club could help.

POLARISDAN

not sure..im gonna grab a map..havent had a chance..i ride that so much no map..can remember road or trail..its the beginning of the sidnaw loop

old abe

Maybe you could slow down and not drive lake a maniac. JK. On a serious note are you talking where Pori rd crosses forest hwy 16 and turns into s. laird rd you may need to contact the hwy department that maintains the roads to get it fixed also would hope snowmobile club could help.

Spot on!

sjb

I hear ya' polarisdan. Going back 15 years or so back, my buddy who was leading was going at a good clip, but not out of control. There was no stop ahead sign and when he saw the stop sign, he locked up his track. The issue, it was a good size hill, going down, to a fairly main road. He did not come to a stop until he hit the pavement, and then rolled. If a car was coming, he would have been hit and maybe killed. He was bruised a bit, and machine was scratched on the side, but overall okay. It can happen when the signage isn't there.

The worse thing, there was a few horses behind a fence right on the other side of the road. They did their HE HE HE, like they were laughing at him. We thought it was funny, he did not.

bonnevier

Could be Baraga....from MSA I pulled the report from the Baraga County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Could give them a ring at 906-524-7444

Or Rosseau may know

POLARISDAN

I finally looked at a map.. it's trail 12 going east Forrest county Road 16 is the intersection.. If going out towards sidnaw be careful..

durfee Superior trails emailed me back and I sent them the coordinates

POLARISDAN

And just for general knowledge..the guys that ride with me will attest..I am fast but never out of control..I had people behind me and had to jump off to stop them as they came on it hard also..it is an unseeable sign..probably due to heavy snow on the trees..but unless I missed it..no stop ahead sign..and I don't ride signs generally..I ride the trail..and as I said I've been thru this interection alot of times..

And another note as I've thought about it..my youngest almost rear-ended me here..he was a bit younger and was too close in my dust..I was parked right side at stop waiting for him and all sudden I sense him braking hard and sliding..he missed me and ended up in the road..needless to say he culda been killed..major major lecture on speed and riding too close..and was told ever happen again he's done riding..I can say he's an Excellent Rider and we've never had another issue..

Pd

old abe

I finally looked at a map.. it's trail 12 going east Forrest county Road 16 is the intersection.. If going out towards sidnaw be careful..

durfee Superior trails emailed me back and I sent them the coordinates

I'm not sure there ever was a "warning stop ahead" there? Yes it is groomed by Superior Snowmobile club out of the Greenland barn. Perhaps Lenny could be of some help?

POLARISDAN

Didnt the UP get rid of sign a few years ago??

No..they made changes..got rid of bridge ahead and others.. kept stop ahead and the curve arrows...

Superior trails got ahold of me..they said they will replace it today hopefully and hopefully trim back the stop sign

Pd

snobuilder

No..they made changes..got rid of bridge ahead and others.. kept stop ahead and the curve arrows...

Superior trails got ahold of me..they said they will replace it today hopefully and hopefully trim back the stop sign

Pd

Why didn't you volunteer to help out and fix it your self?....too busy??

bonnevier

Pd

Awesome work PD...thanks for keeping others safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't you volunteer to help out and fix it your self?....too busy??

Needs to be done by the club, DNR...can't just have randoms out there putting signs and stuff up.
Sounds like you are looking to stir the pot...again.

snobuilder

Awesome work PD...thanks for keeping others safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Needs to be done by the club, DNR...can't just have randoms out there putting signs and stuff up.
Sounds like you are looking to stir the pot...again.
I trim back low obstructing branches, put up signs and pound posts every year, throughout the year, on trails....I don't have to join every club I do it for either.
You are stiring the pot thinking it take some official with a badge to mark a trail.
WI trails don't exist if that would be right....LOL...".randoms"….LOL....our club is FULL of "randoms"….LOL... I guess most of us are just "quiet" heroes

bonnevier

I trim back low obstructing branches, put up signs and pound posts every year, throughout the year, on trails....I don't have to join every club I do it for either.
You are stiring the pot thinking it take some official with a badge to mark a trail.
WI trails don't exist if that would be right....LOL...".randoms"….LOL....our club is FULL of "randoms"….LOL... I guess most of us are just "quiet" heroes

snobuilder = hero of sledding...all hail!

goofy600

Didnt the UP get rid of sign a few years ago??

That was the plan but it never completely happen. But this spot PD is talking about is 2 roads that cross so it should not be a place they would remove signs normally.

PD good for for taking the time to try to get a problem and safety concern fixed!