Trailer repair????

indy_500

Beat it into shape and paint it to match.

Don~
I’d have to agree. Get the insurance money out of it, and do this. It’s a trailer, I’m one of the most OCD guys you’ll ever meet and at some point you have to give up on keeping a trailer that you haul thru salt and slop in mint condition. Long as it keeps the sleds dry and protected, and it stays intact, let it rip!

Tuck

its aluminum and not torn it will bend, or beat back into shape with a few wrinkles that will show. Bought a shell for my 12 open years ago that had the back pushed out 8 inches due to sled not being tied down. Got it for a great price. bent it back into shape and added some aluminum square stock and angle to keep in shape and drove it. Can also add a new piece of diamond plate over the wrinkle area if you looks too bad or leave it as a conversation topic in lot.

mrbb

the issue with bending aluminum back, is once its bent, and has wrinkles in it, it lost a lot of its structural strength, maybe not a issue in some places but can be in others, so have to make decisions maybe based on what all is damaged before trying to straighten it out!

I have also seen many folks fix things, by adding some heat and bending back, things seem to go back better/easier once warmed up some!

and I have even seen a few that have used decals or wraps to cover things back up to make them look pretty nice again
if your a more do it yourself type , it adds a few options for cosmetic's to hide damages some

blkhwkbob

My 167 is the nicest trailer I've ever owned, and the previous owner completely babied it. I drove to Indianapolis for it and paid $5500. It was just too nice not to fix back to original. My last trailer was junk and I don't need that anymore.

600_RMK_144

My 167 is the nicest trailer I've ever owned, and the previous owner completely babied it. I drove to Indianapolis for it and paid $5500. It was just too nice not to fix back to original. My last trailer was junk and I don't need that anymore.
Couldn't agree more. The TC167 is the absolute best 2-place configuration trailer available in my opinion. They are awesome. Light, low profile and not super long or wide. As long as your sleds have reverse, why do you need a drive out v-nose making your trailer 3-4ft longer? Not to mention the additional tough weight from the v-nose.

Thanks for all the info. Contacted Jason at Big River LTD in West Bend and already got a quote to fix it which will be around $1500 using OEM parts. Love the trailer and want it fixed as close to new as possible so going that route. They are going to order the parts and let me know when they come in. Insurance will cover everything minus my deductible.

For what it’s worth, Jason has been awesome, great communication and easy to deal with. I am assuming the great service I have received in dealing with him, getting pictures and an estimate will continue.

Thanks again for the recommendations.

600_RMK_144

Thanks for all the info. Contacted Jason at Big River LTD in West Bend and already got a quote to fix it which will be around $1500 using OEM parts. Love the trailer and want it fixed as close to new as possible so going that route. They are going to order the parts and let me know when they come in. Insurance will cover everything minus my deductible.

For what it’s worth, Jason has been awesome, great communication and easy to deal with. I am assuming the great service I have received in dealing with him, getting pictures and an estimate will continue.

Thanks for the update. I have a couple of misc. parts still needed to wrap up my trailer. Wasn't having much luck with my local Triton dealer. I might give them a call to see if they could ship out what I need. Good luck with the repairs, but sounds like you are in good hands.

mezz

Very cool, now my question to you is, what about the ouch to the quarter panel of the tow vehicle? Just curious....

For those of you wondering, the damage to the Yukon is estimated at about $3250. Just waiting now for the parts to come in. Thanks again to everyone for their input.

acase27

Jason is a great guy. He's very prideful and he wants the trailer to come out perfect. You're in good hands.

This thread is about a year too late for me. Wish I would've known about Big River LTD a year ago when the shed my trailer was in got blown over and did $5K of damage to my brand new trailer.

Having someone that puts a little pride into their work without me having to nitpick the work would've been nice. But at least I now know who to call if I ever need some more work done.

longtrack

Maybe you should have Brakes installed on the trailer. When I pull my small 14' enclosed, I miss the Brakes that I have on my 30 ft Trailer.

1fujifilm

Man, you have a lot of time and patience. I've heard the adhesive is pretty tough.

My insurance rates on my car went up because of the damage to the quarter panel. The body shops don't do us a favor turning a dent into a major project.
Good topic, my trailer is on my truck policy.

A few years back I had a $2,000 claim on the trailer and it also showed as an accident in Carfax on my truck..well that stung.
Had to go to Police department and get updated statement saying no truck damage and submitted to Carfax, 2 months for it to clear.

Bear

mrbb

Maybe you should have Brakes installed on the trailer. When I pull my small 14' enclosed, I miss the Brakes that I have on my 30 ft Trailer.
they actually had brakes on this model trailer as an option, so adding them should be pretty easy, or as long as tow vehicle is set up for them(7 way plug and brake controller)
when I re did my last trailer, (no brakes, ) I wired it up with a 7 way wire harness, so, all I would need to do is add the brakes and connect them to junction box,
its a pretty simple deal if one wanted too, but will admit having brakes also adds an extra item to maintain on a trailer,

blkhwkbob

Mine has brakes. I still crashed it. Totally my fault, I came into a right turn going downhill too hot. I also don't think I had the brake controller dialed in as good as I could have.