Truck loading ramp

600_RMK_144

Money tight, giving serious consideration to delaying the enclosed trailer for a yr so I have the funds to chase (and better mpg to boot!). Been watching a few loading ramps on ebay, just wondering if anyone has or has used one they thought was good (or bad). Thanks.

Last edited:

tomcat

I built one last year that I duplicated from watching a couple youtube videos. Search youtube and you may be able to find what Im talking about. Basically its an elevated 4 by 8 for the main deck that the sled sits on and the ramp is a 4 by 8 that slides underneath the elevated deck. I used an old track for a traction matt and bedliner for ski guides. It works really well. Takes me 2 minutes to load my sled and can do it myself with ease. If you are ever going through the dubuque (Dyersville) area pm me and you can take a look at it.
PS: I have a 6.5 ft box but my buddy has a 5.5 ft box that he puts his crossfire 141 in with the same set up.

doospunk

Picked up an alluminum tri-fold ramp from Fleet Farm a couple years ago for under $100. Works great, is fairly light, and easy to throw in the pickup alongside your sled. You'll need to be sure and modify it a bit by adding ski guides to both sides so your ware bars don't snag and push it. (I just used flat head stainless metal screws.) Works fine and doesn't snag.

wirev

I did the same as doospunk but added plastic runners on the side and a 16" pc of conveyor belting in the middle. Works great.

I built the same one, always get look and complements on it.

biggest cost was the $20 the junk yard charged for the bed liner. Other than that, I just used lumber that I had.

600_RMK_144

Think I've seen the set up you guys are referring too, but if you have pics, please post. Was debating building something like what (i think) you guys are talking about or buying something and being done with it. I really like the one Eagle1 posted, but I don't have access to a welder. that is a sweet set up!

The only picture I have right now is about worthless. You could easily just make it bed length and take the tailgate off on an 8' bed.
I used three 2x6's and 5/8 sheeting for the deck. Two ramps using 2x4's slide under deck and are held in place by a 1" pipe.

should have painted it, could have spent more time on it, would have used treated lumber... but the snow was melting up north and it was time to leave when I was making it.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 90

tomcat

type in "portable snowmobile ramp" on youtube. I basically copied this guys design with some improvements. If I could have found a trifold ramp for 100 bucks I would have done that but this works really well and gets lots of compliments!

doospunk

Think I've seen the set up you guys are referring too, but if you have pics, please post. Was debating building something like what (i think) you guys are talking about or buying something and being done with it. I really like the one Eagle1 posted, but I don't have access to a welder. that is a sweet set up!

Here ya go...

photo1.jpg photo2.jpg

timner

I did the same as Kris. Works great. Farm and barn has the plastic runners too. Then just use a ratchet in the middle down to your hitch.

Or go the TK approved Blutooth route converting an old 2 place trailer...

sleddeck.jpg

Hoosier

I did the same as Kris. Works great. Farm and barn has the plastic runners too. Then just use a ratchet in the middle down to your hitch.

Or go the TK approved Blutooth route converting an old 2 place trailer...

View attachment 42569

How did that work out? I've wondered how hard it would be to turn a 2 place into a sled deck, and how well a 1/2 ton can handle all that weight up above the bed.

blutooth

How did that work out? I've wondered how hard it would be to turn a 2 place into a sled deck, and how well a 1/2 ton can handle all that weight up above the bed.

It works great. We can take 5 or 6 sleds out west (depending on what trailer we have available) and they stay real clean up there. I wouldn't put it on a 1/2 ton though. That is really pushing it. I have a 3500 with airbags and when we have the whole load on (full trailer and 2 sleds) I add about 45 psi to the airbags to level it out.

600_RMK_144

Ready to chase. Ended up buying a ramp, this way I can load the sled into the bed without the platform if need be. 2X8's so the ramp slides right under (as you can see). Gotta get some guides onto the platform and should be good to go. Not as sexy as an enclosed trailer, but I'll be loving the mpg this season. Come on snow!!!! PS - You can get a glimpse of my Summer toy in the foreground of that first pic. Had to pull her out of the garage to work on the platform :)

IMG_3765.jpg IMG_3769.jpg IMG_3771.jpg IMG_3772.jpg

Last edited: