Tunnel ?

jsled82

Ok so earlier in the year I crashed my sled. I brought it in to get it looked at and the machanic said my tunnel was bent and the frame was cracked. I now i'm going to see if i can get the insurace on it and the insruance guy wants to know how much it would be to fix it. So any guesses of what it might cost. You can see the tunnel is bent a bit and by the chain chase the frame is all cracked and metals all bent out of shape.

snowbuff

When insurance is involved, your best bet is to take it to a dealer and get an estimate from them. Besides we don't have near enough info to even guess.

maj16

Had the same issue last year. Insurance adjustor took care of everything. He took one look at the sled and said it's gone. THey came and got it 3 days later and I had a check in hand. Very nice and easy process

whitedust

A lot is the guy nuts!! No problem getting an insane estimate for that from a dealer if they would even do it. Dealer may say have the insurance guy call I'll talk him thru it. Think of it this way everything is disassembled & reassembled some things may come off as modules but still the labor would be unreal. I think Skylar did a repair like that sometime ago & posted a bunch of pictures drop him a PM the post & pictures may still be here somewhere & could help your insurance guy understand. Good luck & hope he totals your sled for you.

jsled82

Well the sled is a 1999 ski-doo formula 500 and. When it was at the dealer they said it would be about 500-1000 to fix it. Does that sound right and yes I know if the tunnel is bent its pretty much totaled.

whitedust

How much in parts? How much in labor? Used parts?
Tuff call! Total not going to give you much either for 1999 ski-doo formula 500?
Sorry rock & hard spot on this 1. Try to make the best deal for you repair or cash.

ezra

when you bought insurance did you insure it for x amount of dollars or sled value?also most sled policies will cover up to 3k in extras pipes ect if you got the paperwork.

600etec

I had a 2001 ski doo 600 last year with the same issue. The repairs are way more than 500-1000 if they are putting in a new tunnel/bulkhead.

The sled was totaled and I bought it back and parted it out. Insurance will want a quote from a dealer. The sled you have is worth more in parts than whole.

just my 2cents...