Twin Lakes, final ride of the 06 -07 season.

S

skylar

What a great way to end the season. Sunny and 55-60 degrees! Of course, last weekend would have been a great way to end the season also, but, when the snow is still there, and it's April 14th, ya gotta ride it ya know!! A lot of people were up enjoying it also. But in our 87 miles we put on Saturday, we only saw three other sleds while off trail, and that was on the power lines between South Range and Donken. We missed Scottiking and crew, but we did talk to doospunk and crew at the mini mart Saturday night, good seeing you guys. We rode plenty of tracked stuff, and plenty of non tracked stuff. If you know where to go, you could find the untracked stuff. We rode from 10:45 AM until almost 8 PM.

1608 miles on the RMK this year, and I put another 240 on the Renegade for a total of 1848 for the year. Not too bad. The Renegade is an awesome sled, always has been, but for the riding I like to do, the RMK wins hands down. Glad I bought it!

A big thanks to John Dee for providing all of us with his awesome forecasts, and this site! A big thanks to Richard and Sandy of Krupp's Resort for being our home away from home again for another season! Also a big thanks to Deb and Jim Saur (Krupp's mini-mart)and their employees for making us feel at home there also.

Last but not least, a big thanks to my wife! I made 8 trips up there this year, and, as all of us married men know, with out the approval of the wives, winter could be a whole lot shorter! (But, a lot less expensive, holy crap this is an expensive sport!
happy.gif
) I am starting to save for next year starting this week.

OK, enough with the mushy stuff, on with the pictures!

Yep, glad we came up!

48299.jpg

15 minutes of riding, and I am stuck. I went left to avoid a stump, and hit another one which launched me toward a tree. YAAHOOOO!

48300.jpg

C'mon Kimmer, get up here.

48301.jpg

Up and up, where is the top?

48302.jpg

Oh yeaaaa, untracked

48303.jpg

Dang it, stuck again!

48304.jpg

Which way to go on these here untracked logging roads, decisions, decisions, this way...

48305.jpg

...or this way.

48306.jpg

Dang it! Stuck again!
happy.gif

48307.jpg

Tail walk

48308.jpg

Road this logging road...

48309.jpg

...to the power line.

48310.jpg

Pictures do not do justice to how steep this hill is. I circled my brother in red down below, he is about halfway up when he turned out. After he stopped, I yelled down to him and asked if anything was wrong, he response was " you don't really think I am going to follow you up there do ya?" LOL. What a fun climb, can't wait to try it in 3-4 feet of the good stuff.

48311.jpg

The view from the top, anybody care to guess what that building is down below?

48312.jpg

King of the hill.

48313.jpg

My tracks in red from where my brother turned out, I have it on full zoom here.

48314.jpg

More untracked stuff, thanks to Dave and Lori Sleeman for not tracking up EVERYTHING! LOL.

48315.jpg

Sunscreen?

48316.jpg

Found a jump with a natural downhill landing someone else had built.I didn't hit it to fast, the landing area only had about 4-6 iches of snow left on it.

48317.jpg

Kim jumping

48318.jpg

me jumping

48319.jpg

Trail 3 about a mile and a half south of the Mosquito, the good...

48320.jpg

the bad...

48321.jpg

and the ugly... the ugly pic was taken right as you come in to Twin Lakes by the saw mill, we had jumped on the pole line at Donken, so we didn't ride this part of it.

48322.jpg

After gassing up, we headed in another direction to find more untracked snow, left...

48323.jpg

... or right?

48324.jpg

My bro and I, about 16" of snow left on the logging road.

48325.jpg

Watcha looking at punk?

48326.jpg

Have saw, will travel.

48327.jpg

Water down below, keep the left ski on the log, and you'll be just fine Kimmer.

48328.jpg

Sun setting on the sleds

48329.jpg

jeffxc700

Those are the pictures that you, me and everyone else will remember how much fun this great sport is. Only difference is that you can tell others you rode in the middle of April , while 99.5% of us were only sledding in our dreams. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

scottiking

Sweet pic's! I think I might of seen you guys pass us on the powerlines sat afternoon, we were a few hundred yards in the woods and I thought it looked like you guys!
Scottiking OUT

R

raftin_johnny

Skylar, good to see you had a good time.Thread ridin' 4/12/07, was in the Gorge, Have a nice day. Raftin.

loriwlrc

Slylar glad you guys had a great last ride. Amazing how much was untouched!(your welcome) We finished up yesterday,went out with the Leaman Bros. and Bill, tried to get a few of our guests to go but they declined.It was a great weekend and what was amazing was how many people were in the area and the only place we saw anyone was on the short distance of trail we had to ride!Was hoping you would have called so we could have got you into the falls, they were running pretty decent,oh well there's always next year.

S

skylar

Scottiking, you should have shot up a flare so we could find you! LOL.

indybru

Skylar, thanks for your effort and sharing the pictures. It looks like a blast. I'm glad someone was able to take advantage of that last big snowstorm.

S

skylar

I posted a couple of these pics over at HCS, and a member over they saw them. His group were the ones that built the jump. Here he is jumpinging it. This is the difference between a young 23 year old on a race sled jumping, and a fat out of shape 39 year old on a mountain sled jumping. LOL
happy.gif

48360.jpg

Lori,
It was great riding with your crew! Lots of fun riding, & jovial times at the breaks also. I'm glad you liked the Airwave M-10; (I enjoyed your M-7 also) but my sore body is wishing you would have given it back to me
happy.gif
Looking forward to next year!

doospunk

Cool pics Skylar! Looks like some serious roto-tillin on that 13th pic. *L* Didn't take many pics ourselves, but gonna throw what I got on the guest shots in a few minutes Nice chattin with you and your bro up there.

Lori/Dave - Think it was you two and ? (didn't catch his name) that we were talkin with at Krupps mini-mart. Nice meetin ya!

doospunk

rp - I work for Verizon Business. Not sure which one he saw, but we had Ryan's car hauler up there. Has the business name "Greater Minnesota" on the side.

loriwlrc

Nice to have met all of you this past weekend. The M10 was awesome, who knows I may be riding a Skidoo in the future!