Twin Lakes Jan 16 17 18

S

skylar

Another great ride in the Twin Lakes area, and the Mohawk, Phoenix, Gratiot Lake areas also. Lake effect snow rocks, people can call it fake snow or whatever they want, but when I am pushing through it with my bumper/headlight, I am in heaven!

We didn't spend a lot of time on the trails, but, when we were on them, they were flat again. Awesome job, and a big thanks to the groomer operators.

First thing we had to do Wed morning was head to Dan's Polaris and get new carbides for Joe's sled. Changed them out in the parking lot. Hey Joe, check them next time BEFORE we head up! LOL. Just giving ya crap!

66703.jpg

On the way back to Krupp's we headed into the woods.

66704.jpg

Joe with a little oops, maybe he was just tired and fell asleep?

66705.jpg

John came down and dropped off at Krupp's, and we headed out to some power lines that he has always wanted to ride on. There is a section that is pretty gnarly, hilly, off camber type stuff (read fun).

Eric coming across Bruno Creek

66706.jpg

The start of the gnarly section.

66707.jpg

John climbing

66708.jpg

John stuck, Joe too.

66709.jpg

Looking behind us, we just came down this hill.

66710.jpg

John getting turned around at the bottom of the gully.

66711.jpg

Here is my sled, I side hilled across the hill, then realized I wasn't going to be able to bash my way through the trees at the top, too big, so I turned out, lost momentum, and my sled tipped over on it's side, so I had to roll it over to get it back on it's track again.

66712.jpg

On Thursday we rode up to John's house to ride with him again, trails were again very flat and pretty much perfect. John found us some untouched logging roads, saweet!

Here we are at John's.

66713.jpg

Taking a break

66714.jpg

John carving it up

66715.jpg

John again

66716.jpg

We had dinner that night at the Whitehouse, and the grilled chicken was freaking awesome! Yummy. We then left and headed to South Range and the Wildlife Refuge Cabins to meet up with some fellow sledheads. Paul, Nick, Matt, and Jason. These guys are all regulars over at harcoresledder.com, and are a great bunch of guys. The crap giving never stops with these guys. LOL. We then made plans to meet up with them Friday morning for a quick ride before we had to head home. On the way to the meeting spot, Toivola Lunch, great food, we found a little play spot that has not been touched all year, until we got to it. LOL. It was awesome. It was waist deep on a normal height man, nipple deep on me.
happy.gif
O.K. maybe it wasn't that deep, but it was an easy 3-3.5 feet.

66717.jpg

Joe carving

66718.jpg

Eric right before he became the "chippershredder"

66719.jpg

Eric again

66720.jpg

There were two teams of dog sleds riding the Nichols trail down to the BP in Twin Lakes, here is one team.

66721.jpg

Here is Jason from the "Sled Solutions" group. Or as Nick kept calling him, "rookie trying to make amature"

66722.jpg

Here we are waiting for Joe, Paul, and Nick. Matt on the right, Jason behind my sled and Eric to the left. Both Paul and Matt have some pretty cool sleds. If you want to see Matt's custom, badazz Apex go to www.sledtech.com, the thing is a work of art. Here is a pic of Pauls custom Nytro.

66723.jpg

66724.jpg

After we had lunch with the guys, they headed north, and we went to play a bit before we had to load up and head home.

Joe standing it up

66725.jpg

Eric and the Mountain Cat

66726.jpg

Eric "stepping off"

66727.jpg

Joe wheelie

66728.jpg

Joe hidden in the powder

66729.jpg

Eric

66730.jpg

Joe at the bottom of a 10'-12' gravel pile, the sled made it, he didn't. LOL.

66731.jpg

I decided since there was a foot of fresh stuff on a 2' base, I better dig an avy pit and see if we were in any avy danger. The snow was 3' deep here in the woods. Then I remembered we were in da U.P., avy danger is not an issue here. Thankfully. LOL.

66732.jpg

Here I am stuck on a hill, I got out the shovel so I could dig myslef out. Only one guy on the hill at a time!

66733.jpg

The view from behind my sled looking up the hill.

66734.jpg

Finally we made it back to Krupp's to load up and head home.
sad.gif

66735.jpg

We will be back up again it just under two weeks for the Ride In. Hope the fake LES falls everyday until then! YEEHAAW!

mrsjac95

O M G! ARMPIT DEEP SNOW - for Skylar!!

FAB pictures Skylar! You are quite the storyteller. Great job!

I wanna gooooooooooooooooooo!

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

B

brad_2001

Great Pic's,HAHAHAHA Nipple Deep,HAHAAHAHA you guy's had way to much fun. ChipperShredder HAHAHA Eric bet this won't be your last time headin north with Skylar.
Skylar tell Joe to do a couple of them wheelies in the beginning and you can check his wear bars.

Bradzoooooo

J

just_ride

Those pics were Awesome!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>

ridesafe

The "chippershredder" says awesome pics skylar!! memories in the makins thats for sure :)
That one of Joe at the gravel pile is a classic!!

Yep Brad your right..sure won't be my last time headin north with the ol Skylar.. this is all his fault don't ya know.. lol!!

yooper

Awesome pics!<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> 10 more days for me ahhhhhhh the wait is killing me......

S

sled_solutions

What an awesome long weekend Skylar! Can't wait to do it again!!

indy5xc

You got a killer show there-I haven't had that much poofpoof over my hood in a long time...Scooper
Just returned from a 3 day trip Amasa-watersmeet-3 lakes-Iron River-Crystal Falls-republic-amasa-Good back pack trip Nice new sleds-DOG