Twin Lakes March 2 3 4 JD ride in

S

skylar

The drive up Thursday night sucked big time! Our normal 4-4.5 hour trip took 6 hours. It took us 15 minutes to get into the driveway at Krupp's due to the deep snow and drifting! Holy crap was that wind blowing. LOL. But, the good news, it dumped A LOT of snow from Thursday to Saturday. Saturday was by far the best powder day of the year for us. Snow over the hood, into the goggles all day long.<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> took us 6 hours to go from Krupp's to the Mosquito, back country. LOVED IT! Didn't see another sled track ANYWHERE! Perfect conditions.

Here are some pics from our 3 days of riding.

Drifts at Krupp's.

44543.jpg

No Tracks anywhere

44544.jpg

Agate beach, we then rode from here down to Misery Bay along the shoreline, awesome, simply awesome.

44545.jpg

Umm, don't ask, yes, I was ejected, earned a score of 10 for my front flip dismount
happy.gif

44546.jpg

My buddy Tom, hasn't ridden since 1999, after this little incident, he was able to find all the skills from 8 years ago.

44547.jpg

I had to take a picture of these drifts before I shredded them! Had to wipe the drool off my face also! Joe, you know where this is! Yeehaw!

44548.jpg

My brother carving

44549.jpg

The RMK trying to reach the altitude it was designed for. Very easy to control this sled while in the air.

44550.jpg

Fresh pow pow anyone?

44551.jpg

Nope, didn't hit it, almost though. LOL.

44552.jpg

Tom, snuggling in to hibernate.

44553.jpg

Hey, looky there, no tracks again!

44554.jpg

Love the fresh powder.

44555.jpg

Hmmm, maybe I should rent out the RMK as a plow also?

44556.jpg

Kim's tracks through the pines

44557.jpg

It takes a lot of snow to make snow piles this high at Krupp's!

44558.jpg

On Sunday we hooked up with Bryce (wingnut016) and his friends Taylor, Mark and Paul. What a great bunch of guys. There were just a wee bit hungover, oh to be that age again
happy.gif
, and even though my groups average age was 40, and their's was mid twentys, we all got along great. One of them bailed a little early, been there, done that, LOL, but considering they only had about 3 hours of sleep, I can't blame him. Listening to them talk about their nights adventures, sure made us laugh. Anyways, we found a lot fresh untracked stuff to play in, and it was a great time. Finding people who enjoy the kind of riding that my group enjoys, boondocking, hill climbing, bouncing off trees, etc, etc, was a bonus. I'll ride with those guys anytime! (I just won't try to keep up with the partying though. LOL) Here are some pics from Sunday. Oh yea, the snow was still deep, and the sun was out, perfect!

Bryce carving it up

44559.jpg

My brother stuck down the hill, yep, he is standing behind his sled, did I mention it was deep?

44560.jpg

Bryce and Taylor watching my brother get stuck.

44561.jpg

Sundays gang taking a break, hmmmm, is someone trying to sleep down there on that Firecat?

44562.jpg

Bryce carving a tight 360, riding it out Superman style.

44563.jpg

More untracked powder

44564.jpg

Taylor carving up the logging road.

44565.jpg

\image

wingnut016

Doesn't get any better than that! Well, maybe...still working on resizing my pics...

Too bad my Sunday pics didn't turn out, camera was full of moisture, lens was all gooobed up :-( RATS! I had some good pics.

Skylar, your group was awesome! The couger was pretty impressive, don't think I ever saw him stuck! Never new logging roads could be sooooo tiring!

wingnut016

Btw- Taylors' thinking bout a big boy sled now after seeing your new ride! Guess he's outgrowing the Renegade, that means I'll have to step up also...ugh $$.

Thinkin we might sneak up next weekend also...oughta stay home and get some stuff done but the pow was WAY too good, I gots the itch!

Don't think we'll overlap in 2 weeks, I gotta work thru Friday, so....looks like we're stuck riding Sat-Mon. Keep your fingers crossed for the April ride, we'll have to make it a big one, I think Stachler's gonna try and break the M6 in a bit better! eh john?

mark

Great pictures and it looks like a great time was had by all! Sounds like it was the best conditions of the year up there with some of the lowest traffic of the year too, great combo.

S

skylar

Bryce, don't ya just hate it when your riding buds start talking about getting new sleds? LOL. You know dang well if he gets one, you will HAVE to get one also!
happy.gif

doospunk

Nice pics Skylar! One of my sleds was about 2 minutes away from ending up on the top of one of those piles at Krupp's. Drifted over the entire thing Friday night into Saturday morning and encased it. Richard and the guy running the loader had no way of knowing it was under there, till Dave ran out and told em. Not sure how I'd spin that one to the insurance guy! *L*

wingnut016

Skylar-
So true so true....ugh!

Here are some of our pics from the weekend. We had a blast and the conditions couldn't have been better. Keeping our fingers crossed for a late season of riding!

On with the pics!

The doo is parked nicely in the steeps...little sketchy getting it turned around since it was so steep...she wanted to roll on her own...!

44842.jpg

Mark and Pauly helping Taylor get turned around on the steeps after a stuck.

44843.jpg

Ouch, looks worse than it was! Got kicked to the side off the line when trying another climb, stopped just as the ski came down against the stump...just a blown out rubber ski stopper!

44844.jpg

Mark...exclaiming "Dude...where's my sled, and what the h*** happened?"

44845.jpg

Mark got it right this time and made the kitty fly!

44846.jpg

Taylor got stuck on top the log pile, AFTER chickening out and letting off the throttle, shoulda jumped it like Mark did. Mark had to give a little assistance in getting it down...good thing the snow was soft!

44847.jpg

Taylor was surfing the drift ridge...didn't keep his momentum though! Oh well, better to be stuck than tumble down the slope like me!

44848.jpg

The group on the pole line, lovin life!

44849.jpg

Mark, Taylor, and Pauly hangin out in the valley, trying to figure out the best line up the hill...

44850.jpg

Mark picked a line, broke through the drifts and the little kitty that could climbed the hill!

44851.jpg

Taylor and Paul hangin out in the woods...bumper deep baby! Oh yeah, no Mark this morning...

44852.jpg

My doo buried after a climb slowly came to a stop...no where to carve out to, Rats! It was a tough one to get out!

44853.jpg

Nice carving on a logging road by yours truly!

44854.jpg

Here is an AWESOME 3 shot series of Taylor carvin on a logging road, can't even see the sled!

44855.jpg

44856.jpg

44857.jpg

Taylor and Paul bumper deep. Btw, Pauly got stuck just getting going again! NICE and DEEP!

44858.jpg

My doo stuck again, I really need a big boy sled. The old 121"x 2" just doesn't cut it in a long climb.

44859.jpg

Taylor makin a sweet climb up and through the trees!

44860.jpg

Taylor makin another climb attempt. Took us 8 runs to make it up. The sharp turn at the bottom made it quite challenging.

44861.jpg

Pauly put on his big boy pants and made an awesome sidehill climb! Nice camera work too I might add!

44862.jpg

Taylor on the same sidehill climb, yeah he's still hangin on, look closely and you can see his hands and arms.

44863.jpg

All and All a SWEET boondocking weekend in the area! Sunday was a ride with Skylar, unfortunately his pics will have to suffice, my camera lens got wet and wouldn't focus...

Can't wait for the next trip! We'll post video from this weekend if we can figure it out...

Keep Roostin'

Bryce

S

skylar

Awesome pics Bryce! Simply amazing you guys hit the powerlines with no other tracks on them, holy cow is that rare!!

I bet you guys can find some sweet deals on leftover Summits!

wingnut016

Hmmm Summits...

My wallet is hurting already! Yeah, didn't plan on riding that powerline, till I saw it untracked, and remained that way for 30miles! Can't pass it up, might as well save my other spots for another day i figured!

ridesafe

Awesome pics you guys...
Bryce had a good time riding with your group on Sunday.. btw you would have seen the cougar stuck if you would of been with us on Friday-Saturday.. LOL!!

Skylar.. thanks again for inviting me along on the trip,I had an absolute blast!!
I'll see if I can post a couple pics tonight when I get home from work..

john

Awesome pics fellas; I need to get that M6 out there to play a bit! I had a great time at the ride-in, even though most time was on the trails. Donna and I got a bit of off-trail done on Sunday around South Range which was pretty cool. Hope for 1 more ride this year at least!

JS

S

skylar

Eric, no problem buddy, anytime!

John, Bryce said you had an M6 now, congrats! What size track? C'mon Bryce, you and Taylor gonna step up or what? LOL.

john

Hey Skylar,

I picked up an 06 M6 141 this year;After last years event I really wanted something for on/off trail. The more I ride the M6 the more I like it! Like Bryce informed you, I am still getting used to brushing up against the trees and branches: I want to keep it scratch free......
happy.gif

45018.jpg

ridesafe

Here's a few I took.. not the greatest but I'll post em anyhow.

45021.jpg

The drift in the road at Krupps got the best of this plow truck.That was Richard to the rescue with the loader.

45022.jpg

Skylar playing in the powder

45023.jpg

One of the stucks of the day..this one was dug in pretty deep.Hard to see but, Skylar is standing in the trench on the front side of the sled assessing the situation.

45024.jpg

this is what it's all about!

45025.jpg

My cougar couldn't quite make the corner..stuck again! lol!!

45026.jpg

The snow was just a little deep!

john

Even an old Arctic Cat couger can hang with the Doo and the new Poo............ J/K fellas

JS

S

skylar

Nice pis Eric, post some more buddy!

John, once you get that first deep scratch in it, who cares! That is why they make wax and scratch filler products. LOL. Nice sled by the way!

ridesafe

Ok Skylar, ya talked me into it ...

more bumper deep snow..
45296.jpg

Skylars RMK at eye level
45297.jpg

Someones hunting shack almost buried in snow.
45298.jpg

the firecat doubling as a bed
45299.jpg

We need sleep...
Is this the way back to the truck?? lol!!
45300.jpg

Kim digging out
45301.jpg

John, that's funny... you know how them cats are... all machine!! I likey your new ride!!

john

The pic of Paul and Mark is priceless; Too much time spent the night before at the UPHILL 41; Or is that Wirtz syndrom!

John

S

skylar

More, more!!

Mark retired after that picture. He wasn't feeling to hot. What a great weekend. Here are a few more..

45382.jpg

45383.jpg

45384.jpg

45385.jpg