UP Observations

indy_500

Hey indy, just wondering if you were following us around, same time at mosquito and at henrys

Must have been!!! We were at Henrys between 7 and 8 pm Saturday night. And at the Mosquito from 11 am to 1215 pm There was 4 of us, young guys, I have an all black/some gray motorfist suit. 05 xc sp 500?

blkhwkbob

So So sorry you caught me / us on a bad day. We / I at the Mosquito pride ourselfs at giving the best service and quality food.. And when that does not happen yes I GET PISSED...sorry you had to witness it..I have been a owner of a bar/restraunt for over 29 years...bound to have a bad day or two... Once again so sorry Don & Donna
D&D, three of us in our group have worked at restaurants at some point. One of us is currently a chef at a steakhouse. We know it's a frustrating business at times and those times you just have to keep your cool and just do your best. We heard so much about the bug bar that we were determined to get there and we did. The food was good and I'm not the kind of guy to hold a grudge against a restaurant based on one visit. Your apology is accepted and we hope to stop in again someday soon. Thanks for your support of snowmobiling!

uncle_ed

Snirtdawg I would like to second the great U.P. experience. I was playing up in the east end and it was awesome there as well. Old time snow up there right now. 2 to 3 feet in some of the unbeaten areas and the trails had plenty of snow and were well kept for the most part. Hulbert to paradise trails were well groomed and the paradise trails to camp 33 were awesome. I would like to thank the groomers in that area!!

darends123

I stayed around the Gogebic area and rode up to twin lakes on friday. The trails were bad up and back. Next time I think I will avoid that area all together and head to Houghton and ride from there. There was a lot of traffic up there last weekend though. Didn't see a groomer the entire time we were up there.

scottiking

Keep in mind the crazy amount of sled traffic due to lack of snow in the Midwest!
I rode on 3 like 4 different times Sat in the Twin Lakes area and it was smooth to nasty all different times!
They groomed twice that day I believe and it doesn't hold up for an hour with that much traffic!
Krupp's Mart had a tanker truck for gas 2 times a day through the weekend!
I think 10 Min was the longest time they went with the tanks empty!
It was a zoo!
try the freeda loop or 109 or 13 in the Twin Lakes area! The were BEAUTIFUL all weekend!
Trail 3 is always a gamble on the weekends with that many sledders!
Scottiking OUT

I stayed around the Gogebic area and rode up to twin lakes on friday. The trails were bad up and back. Next time I think I will avoid that area all together and head to Houghton and ride from there. There was a lot of traffic up there last weekend though. Didn't see a groomer the entire time we were up there.

Snirtdawg

Timing is everything. We left Hancock at 9:30AM and went down trail 3 to Mass City by 11AM. I have never seen the trail so smooth. I mean not even a bump. Once we good though Rockland, 13 was fine until we took 102 up to 12. That was rough but short. Of the 200 miles on Friday, 30 were marginal, the rest were excellent.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Nope. He was just pissed off because it was busy and they were short on help. That's called the restaurant business. Deal with it!

Hey,
Don't piss the cook off there....

I got a frozen patty in a bun there one night.....

It was all in good fun,and i got what was coming to me for being a smart azz.

I LMAO on that one......

GREAT PITSTOP !!!!

berglandbaybar

You are a class act Don. I had an issue with 2 guys this weekend and then one of them posts on my blog that I was an a$$. I got into a "words of wit" that I shouldn't have with him. My mistake, I should have shut up and just let it go. But let me tell you 2 idiots out of thousands of great people are fantastic odds. Now I regret not punching him when I walked by and he pulled at my hair LOL.

bonnevier

Nothing can be worse then the service at The Parkview...over an hour and 15 minutes for a burger? The place wasn't even packed. Oh well, we know where to stop and where not to stop now.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Nothing can be worse then the service at The Parkview...over an hour and 15 minutes for a burger? The place wasn't even packed. Oh well, we know where to stop and where not to stop now.

Been there a few times and always had good service...

I will agree that 1.25 hrs for a burger is rediculous though.

X2, went to the mosquito this year for the first time(great place). No need to ever go back to parkview.