UP Rentals

Does anyone know of a place that rents snowmobiles somewhere near Rapid River in the UP? I haven't found any in Escanaba or Gladstone which would be on the way there.

buddah2

There's a Ski-doo/Honda dealer right on US41 in Menominee that might do rentals.....sorry, don't know the name....

Can't think of anything in Rapid River (it's REALLY small).......your best bets would be either Marquette or Munising, both over 40 mi. each way.........

M

Mattarsc

If forest Glenn does thats the closest. Old man River at Bergeron but I doubt it. You can call me at 906 401 0444. We have 75 rentals available to us and delivery available. I'm probably the in the running for next closest if not Whetmore. They may be closer depending how fast your willing to drive on federal forest hwy 13 in the winter.....or US 41 in the winter. ;-)

1fujifilm

Does anyone know of a place that rents snowmobiles somewhere near Rapid River in the UP? I haven't found any in Escanaba or Gladstone which would be on the way there.

I must weigh in with my experience over 20 years; I do not believe there is a close rental place as they generally do not get enough snow.

Sorry, Frank

M

Mattarsc

Totally agree with 1fujifilm. Especially this year. We are not renting out till we know groomers are out and there won't be slide/sled issues. El Nino is really messing with the brain this year. I would call first about who's renting once your at that point before putting in the request for time off.

snocrazy

I bet you can rent 4 wheelers or side x sides......

wetmore, MI - Forest Glenn on FFH 13 is going to be closest.
Call and ask George when it will snow. He is loving it ;)

hudson056

frnash
We all know what members are talking about without you correcting them, it's probably an autocorrect or maybe they actually don't know how to spell it because they aren't from te area, either way I usually know what they are getting at.. I know you think it's cool to correct people and look like a spelling God, but really, I think it makes you look like a ****. Not everyone can be as witty as you, and I'm sure that you calling them out on it makes it well worth your day, but hey if it makes you feel good then I probably shouldn't have wasted my time typing this... Correct away, have at it and Merry Christmas

M

Mattarsc

frnash
We all know what members are talking about without you correcting them, it's probably an autocorrect or maybe they actually don't know how to spell it because they aren't from te area, either way I usually know what they are getting at.. I know you think it's cool to correct people and look like a spelling God, but really, I think it makes you look like a ****. Not everyone can be as witty as you, and I'm sure that you calling them out on it makes it well worth your day, but hey if it makes you feel good then I probably shouldn't have wasted my time typing this... Correct away, have at it and Merry Christmas

x2 hudson apparently some have more time to bash people on the forums The bashers don't phase me :) more things to do up north here than patrol forums and correct others ahhh damn my punctuation and typin to help karmas candidates move to the front of the natural selection line for a$# holes ;-)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Easy guys. He has been doing that for years and does not mean anything bad by it. Not intended as a bash. It is just another flavor to the board.

He went missing for a while and the vast majority of folks missed his posts and were worried about him. I guess the best I can say is if he gets under your skin, just move on and try not to read. It is all in "good" humor.

Write Frank? :)

old abe

X2. Grandfather always said never to old to learn something new. It has proven to be some of the best advice I have ever been given!

buddah2

.......wetmore, MI - Forest Glenn on FFH 13 is going to be closest.
Call and ask George when it will snow. He is loving it ;)

I'm 4 miles south of Forest Glen.......we got 7 to 8" last night.......I saw 3 sleds come in the Midway for gas while I was blowing the drive.......FWIW

Edit: SNOW blowing the drive........get your minds out of the gutter............

frnash

Easy guys. He has been doing that for years and does not mean anything bad by it. Not intended as a bash. It is just another flavor to the board.

He went missing for a while and the vast majority of folks missed his posts and were worried about him. I guess the best I can say is if he gets under your skin, just move on and try not to read. It is all in "good" humor.

Write Frank? :)
As a matter of fact, y'all will be overjoyed (or dissapointed [sic]?) to learn that I have recently been seriously contemplating a New Years [the required 'apostrofie' deliberately omitted] Resolution. No more futile attempts at edjumacation [sic][SUP]1[/SUP]. :p

As the saying go's [sic]: "If ya can't beat 'em, join em!"

Henceforth I will strugle [sic] to refrane [sic] from posting much of anything, scrupulessly [sic] avoiding offering any "spelling or grammer [sic] lessen's [sic]" in particuler [sic][SUP]1[/SUP].

In my (hopefully) rare future posts, I will insted [sic] strive to employ sum [sic] of the quaint, unique spelling and grammer [sic] lessen's [sic] I've gleaned from thi's [sic] sight [sic], including insuring that nearly every ocurrence [sic] of the letter 's' is preceded by an "apostrofie" [sic]; especially plural form's [sic], but certainly never in possesive's [sic]. :p

As old abe said:
… Grandfather always said never to old to learn something new. …
Well I sure's 'hail' am old enough, so I will henceforth do my best to lern [sic] from my better's [sic]. :cool:

[[SUP]1[/SUP] Paitsi jos paholainen saa minut tekemään sen! (kuten Flip Wilson sanoisi).]

mezz

Don't you dare change who you are or how you express yourself in your humoristic way. I believe in my heart of hearts that the majority who participate in this board would most certainly agree, you have never been anything but a bright spot, your wit, knowledge & humor are undeniable. Keep on Keepin On Mr. Nash. It wouldn't be the same, some people some don't get it, tuff ****!-Mezz

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, if it is a true New Years Resolution, then make it like all others, broken by Jan 15! I for one would miss the old frnash.

-John

sweeperguy

I say break the resolution on Jan 2. Just because a couple of junior members can't take a little bit of humor out of your posts. It's their loss, I don't think we should have to lose you over them not being able to keep to themselves. I personally will miss your critiques of posts. I'm not the best at the proper use of the English language, and horrible at punctuation and sentence structure. But if something sinks in, glad to have it. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE! I don't believe most members take your posts as personal attacks, most seem to be laughing with you, not laughing at you.
The links you post are of much use also, and the straight up humor posts are as good as any on here.

Last edited: