UTV Jump Seat

maddogg

Has anyone ever put a jump seat in the back of their UTV for the kids. There are some removable ones on line and it seems like it wouldn't be too bad to get the kids around the property. Would it be trail legal - I'm thinking not.

Thanks!

mezz

I had a buddy install a removable bench in the box of his Gator, the only draw back on that was the kids sat too high due to the framework & it kind of tossed them around too much. I had thought about a set of Subaru Brat bed seats with belts, but, I gave up because we have too many to take, so, resigned to using a large dog bed for padding, works fine for a slow ride on the property or in the back woods 2 trackers but would not take a chance on a trail ride without proper belting & head gear.-Mezz

srt20

Yeah they would bounce around alot because they are right over the rear suspension and on the pivot point. No roll protection unless you did the Rath rear seat, but they are still close to the roll bars, and not much room for crush. I know nobody expects to roll, but it still has to be said. Plus you have no place to mount belts without the extra roll cage.

Another con is the heat if the engine is under the bed. It gets hot back there. I made an extra heat shield just so my stuff in the bed doesnt get so hot.

I dont know for fact, so you'd have to look it up, but I dont think its legal on WI trails. Even with the Rath conversion kit.

Obviously its your call, but I said screw it and traded my 2 seater in on a 4 seater.