Value of a 2000 Chevy Blazer with 52,000 miles?

oktaneho

I'd like to get some opinions on what people think this is worth. My parent's are thinking of selling their 2000 Chevy Blazer with only 52,000 miles on it. They are retired and rarely drive it. They bought it from the original owners, friends of theirs who are also an older couple. The thing still has it's original tires on it and they are about 60%. I swear it rarely sees speeds over 50 mph.

-4.3 V6
-auto
-push button 4wd
-LS pkg
-cloth
-pwr windows/locks
-air, cruise, tilt, CD
-painted fiberglass running boards
-clean 2 owner title
-new alternator and belt last year
-everything works as it should

Interior is like new except for one stain the size of a quarter on one front seat, never smoked in, no dogs.

Exterior has no rust or dents. It does have some light scratches in the paint here and there from farm cats jumping up and down off it. If you have outside cats you know what I mean. A good wax job or buffing would take care of them. It's been garaged 95% of it's life.

It books at $4200-4500 but I know it's worth more than that. It's just hard to find a compareable vehicle like this with low miles.

Any opinions?

mezz

Unfortunately, book is book. The high end value would most likely be what to ask due to it's condition (based on what you've stated), however, the vehicle is 16 years old. Being a 4wd, (even not being used much) anything could go at any time & those repairs aren't cheap. You should post some pic's.-Mezz

srt20

Just being realistic here, but I doubt you will see $4200 for it. If you sit on it long enough someone will pay book price. But that might take a year or more.

It's not really a desirable vehicle anymore. Nobody really wants them. I had one a couple years ago, that I sold. It went for nowhere near blue book price. Way way under.

Maybe look up that guy on here from IL that got his blazer stolen in Hurley. He sure seemed to like them. Maybe he will give some good $$$ for it.

ezra

Worth more to keep it and rack the mi on it . some cars are not worth selling . my wife has a 05 eclips convert with less than 50k never seen snow and really not much rain . offers we got were 6 to 65 for it. I said Screw it u know what u have keep it till it is dead it owes u nothing . that blaze will run 180k why give it a way

Hoosier

I had one - it had 187k when I turned it in for cash for clunkers. Still ran strong. Many have trans problems though and they are thirsty for such a small vehicle.

I might be interested at the right price. Probably too far away to make it work though

sweeperguy

Worth more to keep it and rack the mi on it . some cars are not worth selling . my wife has a 05 eclips convert with less than 50k never seen snow and really not much rain . offers we got were 6 to 65 for it. I said Screw it u know what u have keep it till it is dead it owes u nothing . that blaze will run 180k why give it a way

I agree low mile vehicles are usually better off keeping. They are worth more to you than anyone else. Drive as needed doesn't owe you anything.

Or like srt20 said find the guy who got his stolen in Hurley see what his offer would be

600_RMK_144

I've had three and loved each one. Small tank + poor mileage = filling them 3X a week. Go thru ball joints like crazy (should come with a set in the glove box). Got pretty good at changing them out, piece of cake once factory set removed (riveted in). Other typical failure was the front wheel hubs (very easy repair). Other than those two things, I never really had to do anything to them. Good solid motor, never had any tranny issues as another mentioned.

Hoosier

I've had three and loved each one. Small tank + poor mileage = filling them 3X a week. Go thru ball joints like crazy (should come with a set in the glove box). Got pretty good at changing them out, piece of cake once factory set removed (riveted in). Other typical failure was the front wheel hubs (very easy repair). Other than those two things, I never really had to do anything to them. Good solid motor, never had any tranny issues as another mentioned.

Ball joints - I did have to do those once at around 65K.

LoveMyDobe

Didn't really want to read this, Hubby just bought a 2005 Chevy 4X4 truck, quad cab with 41,000 miles on it for 19,000. from a dealer in White Bear Lake MN, runs great, looks great, tires will be needed, BUT that's what he wanted.

sweeperguy

Didn't really want to read this, Hubby just bought a 2005 Chevy 4X4 truck, quad cab with 41,000 miles on it for 19,000. from a dealer in White Bear Lake MN, runs great, looks great, tires will be needed, BUT that's what he wanted.

Don't think you have anything to worry about two totally different vehicles.

chords

My first thought was $ 4 K maybe, 3,800. We always think they are worth more. And really are to keep and drive. But sometimes a quick painless sale is worth something.

I recently sold my Moms car. Clean , tires , battery, ,, a known history, Def a grandma car. Wished I could have kept it for what it sold for. But no space to keep it.
A young 20 yr girl bought it.

slotour

LoveMyDobe
Dealer gave me $17,000.00 for a 06 Chevy 3/4 ton regular cab diesel with 168,800 miles on trade against the discounted price on a new truck. Truck prices are crazy.

oktaneho

I thought about buying it from them. It does have a lot of good miles left in it, but I already have 2 vehicles (diesel truck and a car that gets better mileage) so it isn't a good replacement for either of my vehicles. They already bought something to replace this Blazer, so now they have 4 vehicles for 2 retired drivers so no sense in them keeping it.

I'm going to detail it this weekend and put it on craigslist. I'm going to start high and just see what kind of reaction we get. I guess we can always come down on it if there is no movement.

Thanks for the insight!

Hoosier

I thought about buying it from them. It does have a lot of good miles left in it, but I already have 2 vehicles (diesel truck and a car that gets better mileage) so it isn't a good replacement for either of my vehicles. They already bought something to replace this Blazer, so now they have 4 vehicles for 2 retired drivers so no sense in them keeping it.

I'm going to detail it this weekend and put it on craigslist. I'm going to start high and just see what kind of reaction we get. I guess we can always come down on it if there is no movement.

Thanks for the insight!

Link it on here once you have it on cl

oktaneho

A neighbor of theirs heard about it and bought it on Sat. before I had a chance to list it. They sold it for $5400.