Vilas County. WI

Tuck

agree with that. Has to be a fine line with all involved, lots of money to be made from the sport. I just watch Land O Lakes Rec, if rentals are going out trails are poor at least.

pclark

County is in a tough spot, there is enough snow to open, trails will be less than desirable, bottom line in that the businesses depend on those trails to turn the cash registers on. The next two weeks have a lot of people up for the Holidays.

attakman

Every club wants to be open between christmas and new years....but it rarely happens lately...it huge for the businesses up here.Not sure what they are riding on up there...there is no way you could ride in the Tomahawk area (about 40 minutes south)..might be more snow up that way...but it was pretty fluffy stuff...need at least 4 plus inches...hoping sunday hits us....unlike previous years...we have pretty good ice... with the cold weather the lakes are making good ice

durphee

I am not in Vilas so I can’t comment on it, but I do know a lot of those wisco counties can make good trails out of low snow. It takes a good base and some snow of course but even in low snow years I am amazed at how well the trails can be. Let’s hope sundays storm delivers. I am heading to Hayward (we have a place there), bringing the sled and if it’s not good, we’ll we’re ice fishing and riding the four wheelers on the lake.

whitedust

I lived in Vilas for 16 years it’s surprising how well groomers do with 4” of snow and the renter could care less they think snirt is normal and great conditions. It’s whiteish that’s all that matters to them. Throw in reasonable temps and ideal for the renter. They leave town fat and happy. 🤷‍♂️🥳 The real Snowmobilers wait for snow. Lol

wiscrev

I lived in Vilas for 16 years it’s surprising how well groomers do with 4” of snow and the renter could care less they think snirt is normal and great conditions. It’s whiteish that’s all that matters to them. Throw in reasonable temps and ideal for the renter. They leave town fat and happy. 🤷‍♂️🥳 The real Snowmobilers wait for snow. Lol
Agree with you, Pete. It is very thin here and not much for snow [according to the weatherman] until Monday night-----maybe! What we have is powder and not much. Only good thing, it's cold, so lakes, swamps and trails will freeze up. They are making ice at the track and it is looking good but only 10 days left before racing. Hope they get enough water down as I'm racing this year. Merry Christmas, Pete, and keep in touch. If you need a place to stay, I've got room. Rev

whitedust

Agree with you, Pete. It is very thin here and not much for snow [according to the weatherman] until Monday night-----maybe! What we have is powder and not much. Only good thing, it's cold, so lakes, swamps and trails will freeze up. They are making ice at the track and it is looking good but only 10 days left before racing. Hope they get enough water down as I'm racing this year. Merry Christmas, Pete, and keep in touch. If you need a place to stay, I've got room. Rev
Merry Xmas Chuck hopefully I’ll be up in January thanks for the offer.