Waning Demand?

SledTL

I've started to notice that dealers seem to have more and more stock of sleds, trucks, trailers, etc. in the area. Prices are still high though, and no deals to be had. A couple of trucks have like $250 off MSRP, but otherwise everything is pretty tight. Anyone else seeing the tides starting to change? Houses in the area also have been having 40-50K price cuts. It feels like new price floors have been set on a lot of things, sleds especially. Thoughts?

whitedust

Empty car lots here , trailer stock way up , haven’t shopped sleds yet. Home prices still high trying for the most they can get then come down, waterfront homes still gone in a week especially the very expensive homes. Real estate usually weakens in winter anyway. All prices still very high on everything and a long way to stabilization. Recession will deepen as Fed continues to tighten. Heating and gas costs will hurt everyone so no easy way out of this mess.

pclark

Empty car lots here , trailer stock way up , haven’t shopped sleds yet. Home prices still high trying for the most they can get then come down, waterfront homes still gone in a week especially the very expensive homes. Real estate usually weakens in winter anyway. All prices still very high on everything and a long way to stabilization. Recession will deepen as Fed continues to tighten. Heating and gas costs will hurt everyone so no easy way out of this mess.
Agree with everything WD, up here in Northwoods real estate slows down but if a lake home goes on the market it's probably sold even before it's listed. Prices don't typically drop once they are raised until suppliers work through higher priced inventories. Not sure how much prices will come down anyway, this is a real mess that has been created by our leaders, so unnecessary! Hard to believe voters had a chance to try and change things and they just stood still and did nothing to help.

dfattack

I've noticed auto dealerships starting to gain inventory steadily. I am seeing some "market adjustments" being dropped on vehicles as well. That's a sign of inventory increases.

I have a project next year and was told water treatment system was about 12-14 months out and so I ordered last summer so I could get it next May. It just arrived early yesterday! Now I sit on it until next summer, who knew. So overall a steady creap to somewhat normal but still a way to go.

euphoric1

Anyone who thinks we will ever see pre covid pricing is living in a fantasy world IMO, besides supply and demand issues which there really isn't any reason for anymore, and the (and I'll be nice here since not barstool lol) government handing out free money, I think these companies (doesn't matter who or what) also pushed the envelope as far as they could too, and consumers still buy product, prices may drop but never to pre-covid. I keep watching real estate and you can see prices dropping in some markets and time on market growing, and yes likely partially because time of year but think housing coming down to more reality. Now that we have the house you wonder how bad the recession or economy will tank since we have some promise on the horizon. It's funny you see some lots with inventory and others blank, you have to also wonder if some may be waiting to see if the market will drop instead of buying inventory when its high and all of a sudden, they drop and now you are sitting with a disadvantage over the rest of the market. It really doesn't make sense on some of the shortages we are still experiencing along with pricing but don't ever anticipate seeing as much of a drop as we did see the rise in cost, because don't forget... there is no such thing as a menial job anymore the (and I'll be nice again) government made it possible for everyone to get paid enorbantly even for the simplest of jobs which unless you are a moron, couldn't see what it would end up doing to the bottom line, so where did it get us?

mrbb

things here seem to be as bad or worse yet, not real signs of things getting better
fuel is still crazy high(6+ bucks a gallon for diesel, 7+ for kerosene )
dealers lots are almost empty on certain types of vehicles, with trucks being the top of the list

Hell, if you even go to a Ford or Ram web site, they don;t even have info really on the 2023 3/4-1 ton trucks, yet
when in normal yrs, the new yr models are out and about and owned by many by this time
not like things are now on them,
cannot even order a 2023 ram 2500-3500 without ordering some what blindly, as details on things are not out yet!
and NO clue when they would show up if you did

same deal with Fords(cannot say on Chevy/Gmc, as never look at them anymore HAHA)

I Hope things get back to normal or closer to normal soon, as this is really growing old, the added costs and lack of products!
My heating bill this yr will be like 3 maybe 4 times last yr, and last yr was double the yr before, its going to really hurt fixed income people IMO, and our current leaders don't seem to care
giving those living off SS a 8 % raise when inflation is at 11% or so
making them folks only loosing 3 % or so even with there BIG raise!

yeah that raise sure won;'t solve any of there problems will it!,. Our leaders just don;t get it!
there math doesn;t work in the real world!

chunk06

I'm seeing price cuts on slightly used vehicles, although they are still high. the over 500K house market is dead unless it is a country property or on a good part of the river. I listen to a lot of financial and Real Estate podcasts, sounds like consumer debt is going high. It will be interesting to see what happens. Just like the last crash it takes awhile to catch up

SledTL

Ford dealer by me has 20+ F-150s on the lot. Now granted they have them marked up so I'm sure that is part of the reason. I guess maybe it was more we are done with the crazed scramble for the first thing that shows up on the loading dock. Local sled dealers have XCs 6&850, turbo 900r, renegades, etc. Its definitely sitting for way longer than 24 hours.......

whitedust

Ford dealer by me has 20+ F-150s on the lot. Now granted they have them marked up so I'm sure that is part of the reason. I guess maybe it was more we are done with the crazed scramble for the first thing that shows up on the loading dock. Local sled dealers have XCs 6&850, turbo 900r, renegades, etc. Its definitely sitting for way longer than 24 hours.......
It would make me very happy to see auto dealer lots start jamming up with inventory. I don’t need car or truck but would welcome an improved inventory auto biz. Trailer lots are jammed up but prices very high snowmobile trailers selling. I’ll visit sled dealer next week so will get a feel for new sled inventory.

dfattack

Interesting thing.

I have a friend who has a dealership and he told me that they are making more money than ever and NOT up-charging over MSRP like some dealerships are. They are simply getting Sticker price which they usually don't get and aren't paying any interest on vehicles sitting on their lots. Selling as soon as it comes off the truck.

Another brand car salesmen I use and have known for almost 20 years told me he had his best year ever in 2021 as a salesmen.

whitedust

Interesting thing.

I have a friend who has a dealership and he told me that they are making more money than ever and NOT up-charging over MSRP like some dealerships are. They are simply getting Sticker price which they usually don't get and aren't paying any interest on vehicles sitting on their lots. Selling as soon as it comes off the truck.

Another brand car salesmen I use and have known for almost 20 years told me he had his best year ever in 2021 as a salesmen.
I was told car salespeople love this. Cars are sold sight unseen people order what they want wait for delivery dealer orders a few on his own and those cars are sold by the time the delivery truck arrives. If you need a car not much choice. I’m sure dealers think this is great don’t have to carry massive inventories and what they do sell are highly profitable.

SledTL

Used Sled prices are down compared to last year that’s a fact. Problem is good deals are gone in 2 seconds.
Yea I agree, still quite a few people trying to ask mid teens for a sled with 3000 miles though. Also blows my mind that some are getting close to 20K. The sales volumes on things have to be super low regardless of item, and at some point starts to impact a mfger.

whitedust

Yea I agree, still quite a few people trying to ask mid teens for a sled with 3000 miles though. Also blows my mind that some are getting close to 20K. The sales volumes on things have to be super low regardless of item, and at some point starts to impact a mfger.
That’s Powells plan raise interest rates to the point the recession deepens manufacturers build up inventory layoff employees. Market pricing drops prices go lower inflation stops deflation comes in then start the cycle over again all provided our government stops printing money and spending money on foolish things like climate reparations. Lol

chunk06

The pandemic was the best thing to ever happen to the dealers around here. None of them missed a beat, even early on. 3 out of the 7 did additions or new buildings in the last two years. All of them took part in the PPP loan scam. I can't blame them for taking it, but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

indy_500

Asking mid teens for a sled with 3k miles and actually selling it are 2 different things. Whether I’m actively buying or not I’m always looking at used sleds for sale, there was no such thing as a “good deal” last winter. This year so far there’s quite a few decent deals, and they sell fast, whereas the overpriced stuff isn’t moving anymore like it did last year. Still not “pre-covid” deals but $8k can get you a very nice used sled with low miles again.

acase27

Interesting thing.

Just picked up my new sled. My dealer is selling all of his stock orders at MSRP and they sell within a few days of hitting the floor. The back room was loaded with purchased sleds yet to be picked up. Only two new sleds on the showroom floor he just took delivery of.

Didn't see any Ski-Doo Gen 5's in his inventory. Anyone seeing those yet?

SledTL

Just picked up my new sled. My dealer is selling all of his stock orders at MSRP and they sell within a few days of hitting the floor. The back room was loaded with purchased sleds yet to be picked up. Only two new sleds on the showroom floor he just took delivery of.

Didn't see any Ski-Doo Gen 5's in his inventory. Anyone seeing those yet?
I just saw one pop up on CL in the twin cities last night. $19.5K for an XRS.......Couple of gen 5 summits too but I only like trail stuff

pclark

That’s Powells plan raise interest rates to the point the recession deepens manufacturers build up inventory layoff employees. Market pricing drops prices go lower inflation stops deflation comes in then start the cycle over again all provided our government stops printing money and spending money on foolish things like climate reparations. Lol
Not going to happen with this Administration.