Warm up next week

duramax

Hey John,

Is there supposed to be a warm up in northern wisconsin and the UP next week. Accuweather is calling for high 30s maybe 40, and possibly rain next week. Just wondering if this is a possible forecast and do you think it will happen.

Thanks

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
From Johns 5-10 day forecast this morning.

5-10 DAY FORECAST:
The weekend sees fairly quiet weather to occur across the region, including the LES belts. That quiet trend will continue into the first half of next week as well.
Temps will be warming as we head through the weekend, with the freezing mark making it into the southern Northwoods by Saturday or Sunday and perhaps into much of the region by early next week
-John

michaeladams

that socks. i am going to be up there 2/13 thru 2/20. last year it was 10 degrees at night and got to 32 during the day.i ride from 5 am till the trails are shot or i am whichever comes first.hope it stays below freezing.

Polarice

It looks like it will be good by the end of your riding week. Who knows though. We're heading up there on the 19th thru the 23rd.

michaeladams

what was nice about 10 at night and 32 during the day was a fresh couple inches every morning.seems the cold at night would precipitate the moisture out of the days air

cmharcou

Were leaving the 15th riding 16-20th. Accuweather seems to be way off. Weather.com has the area at the freezing mark or just below. It doesn't look like any major meltdown to me.

snowshoe

It's going to take an awful lot to melt the snow. I dont think a week of highs in the 30's will do much. It still gets cold at night and the majority of the day wont be at the high temp either if that makes sense.

upbarleyboy

What stinks about these predictions is it always seems to get warmer than anybody ever foresees. Local forecasters here are calling for highs around the freezing mark beginning on the weekend and well into the middle of next week. When they predict around 32 degrees, it seems to always get to the upper 30's to even 40. Let's hope the forecasters are right, and it only hits the freezing mark for a short time. Trails here in Wisconsin are becoming marginal (some decent/some rotten). Even a slight warm up will hurt here. I'm sure the UP may be able to withstand more of a warm up than we can.

arctiva

What stinks about these predictions is it always seems to get warmer than anybody ever foresees. Local forecasters here are calling for highs around the freezing mark beginning on the weekend and well into the middle of next week. When they predict around 32 degrees, it seems to always get to the upper 30's to even 40. Let's hope the forecasters are right, and it only hits the freezing mark for a short time. Trails here in Wisconsin are becoming marginal (some decent/some rotten). Even a slight warm up will hurt here. I'm sure the UP may be able to withstand more of a warm up than we can.

42 so far today with a high of 45 and bright sunshine. A few days ago was supose to be mid 30's and partlly cloudy.
Sayin close to 50 now by mid week. Gonna be alot of area wiped out with this thaw.
Typical wisconsin weather

mnuser

The trails around the Brainerd lakes area are shot. So much for El Nino here. We got maybe 18-22 inches all winter. All the big storms missed us like always. Time to trailer north and ride.