Warm up this week?

indy_500

Probs south of 8
Agree unfortunately. Supposed to backpack it from antigo up to eagle river for the night next Saturday. Hoping it still works out, worst case we’ll just have to trailer all the way to eagle river and ride from there.

old abe

Agree unfortunately. Supposed to backpack it from antigo up to eagle river for the night next Saturday. Hoping it still works out, worst case we’ll just have to trailer all the way to eagle river and ride from there.
The 3 of you on 2 Doo's Indy? That's the best way to enjoy the most! Family!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
The trails in our neck of the woods haven't opened yet so no great loss here. As in other years I expect the most snows to fall in April and early May. (sarcasm alert)

indy_500

The 3 of you on 2 Doo's Indy? That's the best way to enjoy the most! Family!
The little man won’t be with us on the backpack trip next weekend, but the 3 of us will be staying in Minocqua at the waters the weekend after next! He loves the water park there, have been bringing him there every year since 2020.

Hoosier

Long term forecast has me nervous. Taking the kids up President's Day weekend. A bit north of Eagle River. With the kids we mostly ride private land around the lake our relatives are on up there so we don't need a ton of snow, but I don't like all these high 30's!

I think a line from Tomahawk to Elcho/Summit Lake area north will all make it through the warm up just fine. Especially with the snow predicted for Thursday night into Friday, that will help with getting into towns for gas and food stops. Should be a great weekend to ride the northwoods!

pclark

Its 33 degrees in Manitowish Waters as I speak at 3:24pm, clouding up, 1-2" of heavy wet snow tonight, 35 and partly cloudy on Tuesday, 41 and full sun on Wednesday, 37 and 1-3" of snow Thursday night into Friday. We have a ton of snow up here and I was all over 4 counties, Vilas, Oneida, Iron, Price last week and each one was perfect. Might lose some snow around the towns but temps drop off after Thursday to more normal for the month.

You should be fine. We have been trailering up every weekend to ride in different locations, we will be staying in the Antigo area this weekend, more snow than forest county, no rocks on the sraight aways and not down to rocks in every corner.
We keep venturing west more and more. We have been always looping back into the Lilly area but, now just staying west of the area.
Granted, the sled traffic was terrible as we go north in the more popular areas.
Ride safe, have fun.

pclark

32 degrees today in MW, we had 1" of fresh snow overnight, things still look great. Have to get through Wednesday when it will push 40 and and partly cloudy. Cools back down for the weekend.

euphoric1

says 44 here in se wisc, feels warmer than that, we will have to literally start all over again here uuuugh!!! hopefully northwoods won't take a hard hit and hopefully we can preserve what's there. I still want to know what happened to the winter armageddon everyone was talking about at the start of the season. Read article today how the in-climate weather is crippling New Yorks snowmobile season there as well. CRAZY...JUST CRAZY!!!

Gibbich

says 44 here in se wisc, feels warmer than that, we will have to literally start all over again here uuuugh!!! hopefully northwoods won't take a hard hit and hopefully we can preserve what's there. I still want to know what happened to the winter armageddon everyone was talking about at the start of the season. Read article today how the in-climate weather is crippling New Yorks snowmobile season there as well. CRAZY...JUST CRAZY!!!
Here in Mn its been a great winter, news said so far this winter its the 4th snowiest in Mn history.....it is 43 here today tho but thats the warmest its been since before Thanksgiving............been riding sleds for 7 wks locally south of cities

pclark

Well folks, it was sunny and 46 here in MW today, I did drive into town and trails still look great away from town. 33 and cloudy on Tursday, 21 on Friday with lows in low teens. If you are coming up do your homework and ride away from the towns, get yourself away from the bars if you want good riding, if not then so be it. Plenty of great snow and trails left in the woods and there are places to eat out in the woods as well. Anywhere there is a road and small town is down to asphalt, some road routes with lots of sun will be spotty in places.

dfattack

Well folks, it was sunny and 46 here in MW today, I did drive into town and trails still look great away from town. 33 and cloudy on Tursday, 21 on Friday with lows in low teens. If you are coming up do your homework and ride away from the towns, get yourself away from the bars if you want good riding, if not then so be it. Plenty of great snow and trails left in the woods and there are places to eat out in the woods as well. Anywhere there is a road and small town is down to asphalt, some road routes with lots of sun will be spotty in places.
Good advice pclark. I saw 50 degrees in iron mountain today however trails appear to have held up pretty good. As you said roads took a big hit so those sections of trails will be tough . Would have been perfect for this next system to land up here but instead appears to be dumping down south where it will last but a few days. What a waste.