Watersmeet Trail Reports

mrsrunningbear

Watersmeet trails are getting groomed today 12-2 Both groomers will be heading in the same direction. They will be working together to clear 1 trail at a time. Keep an eye out they could have the trail blocked around the next corner. Help the clubs out, bring a saw and help move trees if you're are going to ride. Be careful and keep your speeds down you don't know what could be under the snow until the groomer goes through. About 24+ inches on the ground

mrsrunningbear

Trail 3 from the Wisconsin border north of Bond Falls has been groomed along with Trail 2 east of Watersmeet. There will be an area of of logging on trail 3 north of Bond Falls Rd. Caution is needed is this area. Trail 2 west to Marenisco and trail 13 south to Cisco will be groomed today. There is plenty of snow!!

DSCF4244.jpg DSCF4274.jpg

D

Deleted member 10829

Great to see! That amount of snow should keep the rocks hidden this year!!

Mrsrunningbear, will 3 north to bruce crossing and 107 to kenton be cleared and groomed by the weekend? Any info you have on north and east of watersmeet would be appreciated. Thanks!

mrsrunningbear

7-8 inches of new snow yesterday U.P. Thunder Riders will be grooming daily.

Trail #3 from the Wisconsin border to Paulding, good condition, north end has a logging project so please use caution and respect the loggers. South end a snowmobiler hit a bridge and took the railing out so use caution until we get it repaired

Trail #2 west of Watersmeet, good condition, may have a small water hole that is passable about 20 miles west of Watersmeet

Trail #2 east of Watersmeet to Trail #107, good condition

Trail #13 south to Cisco Chain, good condition

mrsrunningbear

Grooming daily and the trails are in very good condition, but we do have some water areas West of Watersmeet on Trail #2. Please ride with caution on this 30 mile stretch of trail. We are doing the best we can with these water areas, they are difficult to deal with.

Trail #3 from the Wisconsin border to Watersmeet very good condition, Watersmeet to Paulding good condition with 1 wet area that is passable, 2 logging project on this trail one north of Forest Rd 5250 (trail 150) and the other is north of Bond Falls Rd so please use caution and respect the loggers

Trail #2 west of Watersmeet, good condition but several wet areas, the worst wet area is in the Tunnel it is full of water about 8-12 inches it has a concrete bottom so you won't get stuck .

Trail #2 east of Watersmeet to Trail #107, good condition

Trail #13 south to Cisco Chain, good condition

DSCF4523.jpg DSCF4508.jpg

just_ride

thanks for the update
is there still water in tunnel, or did it drain or freeze up
thank the club for everything

goofy600

thanks for the update
is there still water in tunnel, or did it drain or freeze up
thank the club for everything

I went through the tunnel on Friday and it is fine can’t remember if it was completely frozen but very passable.

mrsrunningbear

Thunder Riders are grooming daily and the trails are in very good to excellent condition. All water areas are gone including in the tunnel.

Trail #3 from the Wisconsin border to Watersmeet very good condition, Watersmeet to Paulding very good condition. We have 2 logging project on this trail one north of Forest Rd 5250 (trail 150) and the other is north of Bond Falls Rd so please use caution and respect the loggers.

Trail #2 west of Watersmeet to Trail #1 south, very good condition

Trail #2 east of Watersmeet to Trail #107, very good condition

Trail #13 south to Cisco Chain, very good condition

EXCESSIVE FORCE

We rode your trails this past week and they were great,however i'm wondering about trail 3 north of trail 2 it seems that you guys stop where the logging starts and it was all whooped up after the logging area when we went through on Monday morning and it was untouched by the groomer when we returned Monday night. I only ask because when we turned the corner the sign clearly says entering Watersmeet trail system and when we got past the logging area we found a freshly groomed trail and it appeared that the groomer turned around where the logging started on the south end.

goofy600

We rode your trails this past week and they were great,however i'm wondering about trail 3 north of trail 2 it seems that you guys stop where the logging starts and it was all whooped up after the logging area when we went through on Monday morning and it was untouched by the groomer when we returned Monday night. I only ask because when we turned the corner the sign clearly says entering Watersmeet trail system and when we got past the logging area we found a freshly groomed trail and it appeared that the groomer turned around where the logging started on the south end.

I noticed the same last week also! Fortunately it is only a couple miles or so but it is getting bad.

mrsrunningbear

Yes, we have a driver who will be going to the other side of the north logging area tonight. The loggers were plowing all the way through that area so no point for the groomer to go thru. The driver last night noticed they were nnot plowing any more so they will investigate tonight

goofy600

Good to hear Mrs. Runningbear trail trails have been great so tell the group to keep up the good work and thank you.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

Yes, we have a driver who will be going to the other side of the north logging area tonight. The loggers were plowing all the way through that area so no point for the groomer to go thru. The driver last night noticed they were nnot plowing any more so they will investigate tonight

THANKS for all you guys do UP there...

goofy600

Have confirmation that the barrels were put on the Cisco chain also but was told don’t venture off the main path stay by the barrels.

longtrack

I have noticed Trail 2 east Watersmeet has not been good this year until I hit the Iron Range Trail. Today I was going south from Bruce and when I hit the Watersmeet
Trail and It was bad again. Then here comes the Groomer, he is going at a good clip and not one of the Cutting Blades are hitting the Trail when He went by us. He was dragging the Pan only and was pretty much not helping anything. My Daughter even noticed and ask me why the Groomer wasn't doing anything.
When I got down to 5250 I took the Iron Range Trail down to 2, It was great. Then rough as **** back to Watersmeet just after it was Groomed. I have Groomed for the last 20 years and someone should tell this operator to slow down and start cutting. Or sell that 8000 series Tractor and get a smaller one, a 6000 Series will drag the pan just fine. This is a problem that can easily be fixed with proper training. The same thing was happening up around South range this year and it seems to be better lately. I hate to complain, but someone has to say something.

MATTR

I have noticed Trail 2 east Watersmeet has not been good this year until I hit the Iron Range Trail. Today I was going south from Bruce and when I hit the Watersmeet
Trail and It was bad again. Then here comes the Groomer, he is going at a good clip and not one of the Cutting Blades are hitting the Trail when He went by us. He was dragging the Pan only and was pretty much not helping anything. My Daughter even noticed and ask me why the Groomer wasn't doing anything.
When I got down to 5250 I took the Iron Range Trail down to 2, It was great. Then rough as **** back to Watersmeet just after it was Groomed. I have Groomed for the last 20 years and someone should tell this operator to slow down and start cutting. Or sell that 8000 series Tractor and get a smaller one, a 6000 Series will drag the pan just fine. This is a problem that can easily be fixed with proper training. The same thing was happening up around South range this year and it seems to be better lately. I hate to complain, but someone has to say something.
X2 on the complaining part but You are absolutely correct with your assessment of the grooming. I have personally witnessed the same thing.They will blame it on the traffic or what ever else they can