Watersmeet Trail Reports

mrsrunningbear

I have noticed Trail 2 east Watersmeet has not been good this year until I hit the Iron Range Trail. Today I was going south from Bruce and when I hit the Watersmeet
Trail and It was bad again. Then here comes the Groomer, he is going at a good clip and not one of the Cutting Blades are hitting the Trail when He went by us. He was dragging the Pan only and was pretty much not helping anything. My Daughter even noticed and ask me why the Groomer wasn't doing anything.
When I got down to 5250 I took the Iron Range Trail down to 2, It was great. Then rough as **** back to Watersmeet just after it was Groomed. I have Groomed for the last 20 years and someone should tell this operator to slow down and start cutting. Or sell that 8000 series Tractor and get a smaller one, a 6000 Series will drag the pan just fine. This is a problem that can easily be fixed with proper training. The same thing was happening up around South range this year and it seems to be better lately. I hate to complain, but someone has to say something.

Complaining or commenting is OK with me

X2 on the complaining part but You are absolutely correct with your assessment of the grooming. I have personally witnessed the same thing.They will blame it on the traffic or what ever else they can

funny you think we would need to put blame something.

We know when we're having problems. Just so you know the problem is we have new drivers learning how to groom. It takes time to learn the job, unfortunately the new guys are driving the weekends. It will get better

goofy600

Mrs. bear thanks for the update, I meet Kelly about a month ago and he said he retired from grooming and up thunder riders had to get some new drivers so I was aware there would be a learning curve and have noticed a difference at least on 2 west since the beginning of the season. Unfortunately not everyone knows what is going on in a club at all times so they don’t understand the circumstances. And anyone who has ridden the Watersmeet area consistently will know that 3 north to 2 east is the fastest way to get north so it gets well used and beat up especially on the weekends. Also the short stretch on 2 west between 13 to Cisco and 13 north to Lake Gogebic because fastest way to Lake Gogebic, no different than 3 between Mass city and Houghton.

just_ride

How's the trails around Watersmeet.....anyone been on them in the last day or so...have not seen update lately...
thanks

goofy600

How's the trails around Watersmeet.....anyone been on them in the last day or so...have not seen update lately...
thanks
Road trail 2 today from iron river to trail 13 to Cisco, east 2 iron river part great Watersmeet part a little rough 2 west of 45 a little choppy but not to bad 13 south to Cisco not bad and this was all Friday afternoon so plenty of traffic on it. Will comment tomorrow if I ride any of it tomorrow.

legend02

Road trail 2 today from iron river to trail 13 to Cisco, east 2 iron river part great Watersmeet part a little rough 2 west of 45 a little choppy but not to bad 13 south to Cisco not bad and this was all Friday afternoon so plenty of traffic on it. Will comment tomorrow if I ride any of it tomorrow.

Thanks goofy600, nice chatting last Monday coming up Sunday morning.

Spikeyboy1

Watersmeet trails

Will be heading home Sunday afternoon then back up Friday.

Was there 1/19 thru1/23 trails were excellent for the most part. few bumps here and there but groomers were doing a fine job at night. Hoping to get a recent report as it was getting warm when we left Thursday. looking to return soon!

goofy600

Was there 1/19 thru1/23 trails were excellent for the most part. few bumps here and there but groomers were doing a fine job at night. Hoping to get a recent report as it was getting warm when we left Thursday. looking to return soon!

Ok you had a short ride on Saturday trails were still ok, but lots of sleds out. Didn’t get out today before heading home but would think with some cooler temps they should be pretty good I will try to check with some friends this week to see how they are and post again.