We will set a record for latest opening date if we do not open by the 25th

wiscrev

I'll bet it doesn't last long. In talking to some people [in the know] today, it's doubtful that VIlas and Onieda counties open at all. Not good. Up coming races might be in doubt too.

pclark

Well, northern half of iron county opens up Wednesday. I’m sure they want the businesses to make some money this weekend before they lose everything next week.
There’s nothing there now but 2-3” of packed snow. I do understand the business owners side but I sure am not that desperate to beat the crap out of my machine.

indy_500

There’s nothing there now but 2-3” of packed snow. I do understand the business owners side but I sure am not that desperate to beat the crap out of my machine.
I hear ya, but seeing next weeks forecast and knowing it’ll all be gone and having to start over, if people want to go pound their old iron let them have at it, and help out the struggling businesses. I’m sure not coming up… my corner of my county closes tomorrow morning, it went to crap fast and felt bad to ride my sled on it last night IMG_6885.jpeg

pclark

I hear ya, but seeing next weeks forecast and knowing it’ll all be gone and having to start over, if people want to go pound their old iron let them have at it, and help out the struggling businesses. I’m sure not coming up… my corner of my county closes tomorrow morning, it went to crap fast and felt bad to ride my sled on it last night View attachment 69519
Totally agree with you Indy, if you want to ride more power to you, and yes, please support the businesses. It won’t be pretty here by the weekend. I talked to a guy from up that way and he said it will now be 2 years in a row that Hurley/Ironwood does not top 120” of snow. Not sure if those numbers are true or not, bad deal up here this year but it has allowed me to focus on my garage interior.

timo

I'd be curious to know what is the lowest snow fall totals for the counties in northern wis. Prolly gonna break that too.

mike1970

Here is 30 yr. Average snowfall for WI. Still looking for lowest snowfall amounts by county. We certainly aren't going to touch any of these numbers from Central WI north this year!
avg_30_year_snowfall.png