What a Crazy Summer (and it's continuing)

Attak man

It's been the busiest summer for recreational toys EVER...unreal...we sold 70 sea doos (all that we had except for a fishing pro)...we only have one pontoon, and one two fishing boats left..we can't keep a UTV or ATV on the floor...as soon as we get them they sell....AND...SLEDS have been selling like hot cakes...we have only a handful of used sleds left (and just a couple left over 2020s)...the 2021's have started rolling in, and already guys are calling "is my sled ready"??

What a great year for Powersports dealers...Covid has forced people to get back outdoors and "socially distance" themselves. If you are looking for a sled (new or used)..I highly suggest you get to your favorite dealer right now...because if it keeps up the way it's going we will be out of stuff to sell by November.

slimcake

Ya hearing stories about people buying stuff and not even wanting to know what the price is. Only what the monthly payment is. I would say in 6 months or a year from now there will be ALOT of machines for sale and cheap bank owned stuff up for sale. It has been a crazy year for tractors and small farm implements as well. When you give people an extra $2,400 bucks a month to not work that is a LOT of disposable income for those people that should be saving their money. Whats an average UTV payment 2-300 a month? Man 2020 has been screwed up...

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing new for me this year, happy with what I have though I might look at trucks next Spring.

Unless the Corona gets me.... I won't need a new truck for where I'm going. :devilish:

elf

I just hope my new sled is a day late, so I can get the $500 in accessories! LOL

Yeah but if they're going to be a day late they'll figure they may as well be a month late. Still only costs them $500.

xcr440

Yeah but if they're going to be a day late they'll figure they may as well be a month late. Still only costs them $500.

That's fine, I have two ready to go in the garage! But I know what you are saying....

eagle1

That's good news stuff is moving. Decided I'm gonna sell my 2016 Renegade X 800 this fall.

slimcake

If I would get a better price on the machine for cash I wouldn't take the 0% financing. But if they aren't going to give me a cash discount I might as well pay zero interest and do something else with my money! Oh and I got the same deal going that you do XCR440. What I see happening is Poo will just say they are shipped. Sitting on a trailer in the poo yard will be shipped. My guess. I don't see them paying anyone the 500.... Just a guess.

elf

I've been saving and will be paying cash. I haven't made any arrangements for financing unless the 0% works for me, that was not on the table when I snowchecked mine.

I'm in the same boat. 0% for 12 months plus a 4 year warranty?? Tough deal to beat. I don't know if I just pay it outright (I've got it already put away in the sled fund) or I take advantage of the 0% so I can earn .01% for 12 months on what I have saved. Thats a win of like $1.50 in todays high interest rates!!

And yes, to avoid the $500 penalty all they have to do is say they've shipped from the factory before Dec 1, it could spend weeks sitting at your dealer.

Funny story about the sled fund. My wife asked one time about what we had in savings and I told her our regular savings and the sled fund savings account. She asked how come I had an account that was considered my money. I said we can it your money, our money, the kids college money, whatever we want but in the fall its being spend on a new sled. She actually thought that was funny.