What happened to the weather channel?

saber1

i would give DT a call i did a few Months back and bitched about how expensive they are getting i was going to down grade so they gave me HBO and Showtime free for a year just to keep me happy.I do miss the interactive too i used to have 4 to 5 of my riding places locked in and would check from time to time before planning trips also local radar and forecast were useful if enough people bitch they might bring them back

hemi_newman

Agree weather nation seems bush league....I'm not impressed...no T&A ...some UGLY people ...lol... no control button features.... pretty darn drab if you ask me.....not what I'm paying for & dtv will hear about it one of these days when I'm bored I'll give them a call. Weekend TV forecasts hard to come by up here in the WI northwoods so local button gave me 5 day outlook & regional & US radar was well used. I also kept track of FL & Toronto where I travel for biz just push the button & had it. Weather Nation SUCKS zero features.:(

Yep Duluth doesn't have much for news on the weekends so getting weather updates are hard to see on tv...wish NOAA had a tv channel...they would blow twc out of the water!

rocky367

I've been following this as I'm in the camp of goodbye Weather Channel ever since they kept running tv shows while we had tornado warnings. They are owned by NBC who has done the move to more money focused options than what made the TWC great. WeatherNation is a new one that's been around 3 years or so and is out of Minneapolis and Paul Douglas (snowmobiler) as their head person. They have some catching up to do but when you are starting out and get thrust forward in a situation like this I think it takes some catching up. Give them time to get straightened out and I think you'll like WeatherNation. Oh, and they've shown webcams from John's on their webcasts and blogs, so I give them a like for that.

bee1971

And in the mean time , Direct TV is raising there prices again this year , dropped the weather channel , and what else am i missing

I miss the weather channel actually - Time for another phone call about my bill

anonomoose

Honestly, if you have a computer, you get anything from anywhere about wx when you want it and while it is happening including webcams that show you what is happening right there....and along the highway you will be traveling.

So with all this you still need any of the dumb and dumber channels that spoon feed you crap you don't need to know about? Honestly, do you really need some idiot standing in the surf to tell you that it is windy and the waves are rolling? Commmmonnnnn!

Please people....lock some favorites, and do your own wx reporting for what matters to YOU. And then get on with life.

You will survive without the Wx channel...I have for 8 or 9 years now.

srobak

back when TWC was real....

TWCspsclt.jpg

srobak

I believe the old slogan was - "The Weather Channel - for everything you do!"

I will admit I learned a **** of a lot from TWC back in the day.

Damn I miss the old days. Dad warned me that would happen. :(

dfattack

Honestly, if you have a computer, you get anything from anywhere about wx when you want it and while it is happening including webcams that show you what is happening right there....and along the highway you will be traveling.

So with all this you still need any of the dumb and dumber channels that spoon feed you crap you don't need to know about? Honestly, do you really need some idiot standing in the surf to tell you that it is windy and the waves are rolling? Commmmonnnnn!

Please people....lock some favorites, and do your own wx reporting for what matters to YOU. And then get on with life.

You will survive without the Wx channel...I have for 8 or 9 years now.

exactly what I think...

whitedust

Looks like weather nation is starting to add features. I had not tuned in for along time but storm coming tonight so tuned in to see their take & low & behold local & your cities feature was added. Local radar coming soon so getting better!

meathead

I used to watch TWC RELIGIOUSLY! Especially in the winter. I would anxiously wait for the 7 day forecast. IMO, there are two things that have spelled the demise of TWC (even though I am quite certain that DirecTV will carry them again at some point....DirecTV tends to try and swing a big stick at times):

1) The Internet
2) John Dee :)

That being said, I see that Accuweather will be launching a new "TV" channel later this year.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/accuweather-announces-the-laun/22055195

It will be interesting to see how they do their programming.

steve in il Like my Grandpa usta say "Boy believe the weather rock (a boulder in his yard about 6ft by 2,0000,000 lbs I was about 5 or 6 yrs old) if it is wet its raining if it is hot its summer , if its white its snowing ,if its gone its WINDY.... Grandpa was smart!!!!!! MEATHEAD